Chapter 7 : Interview prep

Chapter 7

Later...

Rocky POV

Riker was really shy around Ellington. I don't think he remembers him.

Dad wanted us to rehearse a bit so we don't get out of practice. Since Riker doesn't remember yet, he said he could sit and watch us rehearse so he becomes familiar with the songs if he never remembers.

Whether or not Riker ever remembers our songs, dad wants to get him back to playing bass as soon as possible. It's not good for us to be on a break for too long.

We still haven't really told the fans about the accident. And that's fine for now. But I'm worried Riker will act different if he doesn't remember shows and meet and greets and interviews. So they might notice that.

But hopefully he'll just remember everything.

Later...

Riker POV

"So did you remember any of the songs?" Ross asked.

"No," I said, frowning.

"It's ok. You're still recovering."

"Ross?"

"What?"

"Bed?"

"You're tired?"

I nodded.

"Yeah. Let me go tell Rocky, and I'll take you up."

Ross left. My siblings were being really loud with Ellington. I didn't like it. I just want to sleep because my head hurts. A lot.

"Come on, Rik," Ross said, taking my hand.

I followed him upstairs.

"Mom says you need a bath before bed."

"Don't want it."

"Well mom said you need one."

I crossed my arms.

"Don't be mad at me. Be mad at mom."

"Don't want it!"

"Too bad. If you refuse and misbehave, you're getting punished."

"Head hurts."

"I can give you medicine, but you're still getting a bath. Besides, a bath might make you feel better."

Ross brought me into the bathroom.

"Stay there while I get you a change of clothes."

I sat on the floor, frustrated.

Rocky came in, and I wasn't expecting him.

"Hey. Ross said you have a headache and you don't want a bath," Rocky said, kneeling down in front of me.

"Tired."

"I know, Rik. You've had a long day. How about a quick bath? The more you cooperate, the faster you can go to bed."

"Ok..."

Rocky got me undressed and ran me a bath. He washed me and my hair and then got me all ready for bed.

"Stay?" I asked.

"Ellington is still here, so I'm going to be downstairs for a bit. But if you need anything, you can come get me, ok?"

"Ok..."

"Night, Riker."

He tucked me into bed and then left me. I fell asleep almost instantly.