Chapter 25

I just wanna say I'm really not in the mood for rude comments if you're going to make me feel shittier than I already do rn please delete this from your library I'm only updating to try and make you guys happy that's all I wanna do I don't care about me can somebody just tell me you're happy I updated

---------------------------------------------------

Olivia's P.O.V.

Mum, dad, Julie, Brooke and I are all sitting around, just waiting to see if we'll hear from Matt.

"H-he's gone, I-I know it. We're never gonna see him again." Mum chokes out.

"Vic.." Dad whispers, wrapping his arms around her.

Even though Matt and I rarely ever get along, I already miss him so much. Like mum said, we may never hear from him again depending on what happened, and it hurts. It makes me want to cry, but if I do, mum will totally break. I'm just trying to make sure she's okay.

"It has to be all my fault that he left." Julie whispers to me.

"Don't say that." I reply.

She sniffles, "He's my whole life, what if he doesn't come back?"

"Shh.. He'll be okay. We'll all get through this." I whisper, pulling her into a hug.

Mum begins sobbing and dad brings her upstairs, leaving me, Julie and Brooke.

"I think it's about time to go to the police about this. I know your parents didn't want to yet, but we should." Brooke says.

Moments later my phone rings and I answer immediately.

"Hello?"

"Liv, hi. Don't talk, just listen. I don't want you telling anybody what I'm going to tell you. I'm assuming that you've noticed I'm gone, well I'm in America." Matt says, my eyes widen before he continues. "So, I'm living with one of Josh's friends, she's totally safe, nothing's wrong. I should be going out to find a job soon. Just don't let anybody know where I am." He says.

"Wait." I say, before he ends the call.

I get up, leaving the room and try to process what Matt just told me.

"What?" He asks.

"America?!" I quietly exclaim. "What the fuck are you thinking!"

"I don't want to be with people who hate me, I just wanna see if this really is better for me."

"I really fucking hope Zoe's baby is yours so you feel even shittier about all of this." I spit.

"Thanks." He mumbles.

"You're a real fucking asshole." I add.

Now is the time where I don't miss him that much.

"And you're really showing why I shouldn't come home." He replies.

"I'm going to tell Julie what's going on." I tell him.

"This is why I wasn't going to tell you." He groans.

"Matt, you fucking went across the world..."

"So? Doesn't mean you need to tell anybody." He replies.

"I think you should just come back." I say.

"But I don't want to. It's only been a day and I already love it here." He replies.

"Mum is fucking sobbing upstairs because she thinks she's never going to hear from you again. She's terrified!"

"Just... Tell them I'm safe. But not yet. Wait a bit, please." He begs.