Chapter 12

OK FOR SOME REASON YOU ALL PASSIONATELY HATE ALL THREE TEENAGERS DO YOU GUYS NOT HAVE ONE YOU KINDA LIKE???

-----------------------------------------------------

Calum's P.O.V.

"Do you think Zoe's alright?" Jess asks, walking into the room.

"Jess, you always worry. I promise she's okay." I tell her.

"Well I'm sorry that I worry! She's out there drinking, probably doing drugs, who knows who she's even with, you know what I mean! I just wish she would talk to us." She exclaims.

"I mean that describes me pretty well. I wasn't with anybody, though." Zoe mutters, walking past us.

"Zoe!" Jess yells, about to follow her, before I stop her.

"Let me." I mumble.

She sighs, "Fine, whatever. I'll go check on Isaac ."

I head up to Zoe's room and see her sitting on her bed, trying not to cry.

"Zoe..." I mumble, sitting next to her and wrapping an arm around her.

"What?"

"You know we don't think of you like that.." I'm whisper.

"Well obviously mum does." She mutters, bringing her hand up to wipe under her eyes.

"Zoe-"

"I don't know why I'm crying, that was a pretty accurate description of me, I do drink, I have done drugs, but the fact you guys think I'm sleeping around fucking sucks. I'm being shamed for something I'm not doing." She softly cries.

I would usually get mad at her for swearing, but lately I've just been giving up.

"Baby girl, I know. Your mum just wants to make sure you grow up into an amazing young woman, she thinks you can't do that stuff to make that possible." I mutter, rubbing her back.

"I try to do what mum wants, with school, with Amber and Isaac. I can't make all decisions in my life off of what would please her."

"She doesn't want you to drink because she thinks you'll do something stupid, she doesn't want you doing drugs because she's afraid you'll take something that will kill you and she doesn't want you to have sex with random people because she doesn't want you to end up pregnant."

"Oh like her, right? I know you weren't together when she got pregnant with me." She mutters.

"Zoe, don't you dare." I warn.

Having to talk about Zoe.. not being planned is hard. Considering your kid should never know if they were planned or not. It's a shitty feeling. It's probably a shitty feeling for her, she thinks we didn't want her. When really when I found out about her I was so happy. I mean, I was terrified at first, but it was amazing.

"What? You don't wanna talk about one of the biggest mistakes in your life?" She questions, moving away from me.

"Zoe-"

"I was an accident! I know that!" She exclaims. "Don't even try to lie to me."

"Sweetheart, I love you, don't act like this." I whisper.

"It doesn't matter. It's fine, just leave me alone." She mumbles.

"Zoe, you need to know we do love you just as much as your brother and sister-"

"Please, just leave me alone. I- I just want to be alone." She begs.

I sigh, nodding and walking to the door. Jess and I have to learn that Zoe does need her space from us sometimes. She's a teenager, she doesn't want to discuss everything with us. We have to understand that. Both Jess and I definitely gave our parents a hard time throughout our teen years, we can let her have her moments as well. 

"I love you." I mumble as I close the door.

"Cal!" Jess calls.

I make my way to our room, and Jess is curled up in bed when I get there.

"Yes?" I question.

"We can't raise three kids. We can't do it. We've got a rebellious teenager, our ten year old rarely talks and we now have a newborn!" She cries.

"Don't cry, we're fine." I whisper, going to sit with her.

"We're thirty-five, Calum. A lot of thirty-five year olds don't have one kid yet, we've got three." She mumbles.

"Right now you're going against everything I just told Zoe." I mutter.

"I just feel like we're failing as parents!" She groans.

"I think I'm doing pretty good." I mumble.

"I'm just- fuck I'm so emotional right now was I always like this after giving birth?" She asks.

"You're just over tired." I chuckle.

"I don't know. I want the best for our kids, it's hard when Zoe hates me and Amber doesn't talk to me, what am I supposed to do?"

"I do too. But Zoe doesn't hate you, and Amber doesn't speak often to anybody." I mumble, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"I just want everything to be normal." She sighs.

"Nothing is normal with us." I laugh.

"But I want it to be.." She whines.

"Jess." I chuckle.

"I'm sorry." She mutters.

Isaac starts crying and I sigh.

"Just hold on a second." Jess mumbles.

She sits up and quickly presses her lips to mine.

"Now you go deal with him." She mutters.

As I go to get up, I notice his crying stops.

I walk into his room, seeing Zoe cradling Isaac in her arms.

"He's fine." She mumbles.

"You're taking care of your brother?" I question.

"I mean, he's cute so why not." She chuckles, moving him in her arms.

"Do you want me to take him?" I ask.

"It's fine." She smiles, sitting down.

"Are you sure?" I question.

She nods, "It's okay, dad. He's pretty easy to look after."

I sigh, "Alright."

Stepping out of the room I wait outside.

"Hey, Isaac. It's Zoe, your sister. I really didn't know what to expect when I found out you were coming, but I know now that it's a good thing you're here. Mum and dad are really happy you're here. I haven't seen mum this happy in a long time, I've driven her crazy. But you're adorable, little guy. You better not tell anybody I really do love you." She mumbles to the baby.

Hearing that, was probably one of the greatest things I've ever heard.

All Zoe would do was complain about having to deal with a baby around here. She'd say she would hate the baby no matter what. Zoe acted as if this baby didn't matter, but really she loves him just as much as the rest of us do.

I smile, heading back to see Jess.

"Jess, I think we're doing pretty good."

"What?"

I chuckle, climbing in bed with her, "With raising our kids. I think we're doing pretty good."

-----------------------------------------------------

ok this was bad I'll update soon