About That Woman (1)

CHAPTER ONE (Keeping Secrets)

It was another school day where Brit was bragging about how good this one girl was in bed, and when you're her roommate, you could hear every single bloody sound that they made, I still don't know how Brit does it.

Maybe it was because she was one of the school's beauties and she got whatever she wanted. With Brit's strawberry blonde hair that always cascaded down her back with little ringlets, her gorgeous hazel eyes and her killer smile with those pearly white teeth. She looks like a goddess and all the girls swoon over her (even the straight girls).

I was also one of the school beauties, with my chocolate brown hair that collapses around my shoulders in waves, my solid green eyes and my one hundred watt smile with my plump red lips but there was something about Brit that stood out from the others.

It had got to the point where all the fangirls were shipping Brit and I together even though we weren't a couple. We went along with it all because we found it funny that some people were so obsessed over us.

Brit and I had English together and that's the class that Miss Winters was teaching. In the class there was four rows of double tables and Brit and I sat at the back.

We disliked our seats because fangirl number one and two were sat on the table next to us. Every time they looked at us, Brit would place her hand on my inner thigh. Brit just wanted to play along with what people thought about us. Once these fangirls had their moment, Brit would release her grip on my inner thigh. "Nic, you need to get some." Brit smirks and I glare at her.

"You need to stop being a womanising serial slut." Brit places her hand on her heart and pretend gasps. I roll my eyes and ignore her, much to my annoyance she starts to kiss my cheek, I look right and saw that the fangirls were staring at us. "Brit, we've got viewers." I whisper to her and she looks over at them.

"Well I'm going to stop and annoy fangirls one and two." She pulls away and I sigh a breath of relief, hopefully Miss Winters didn't see that. "If we were really a couple then we would have the best sex ever." I slap Brit lightly on the arm and she just starts laughing. "What, it's true Nic." Miss Winters hadn't yet told Brit and I off yet and I was wondering if she was deaf or she was afraid of Brit's prettiness.

Throughout the lesson, Miss Winters was still in my thoughts and I couldn't stop thinking about her. What made her so alluring? My heart was telling me to confess my love for her but my mind was telling me it was a stupid idea. My mind was right but I couldn't just ignore my heart, could I?

I must of blanked out because the whole class were looking at me. "What was the question Miss Pearce?" Miss Winters asked me with an angelic voice and I gulped.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you miss." Miss rolls her eyes and I blush due to the sheer embarrassment, the whole class starts laughing and I blush even more.

The bell rings for break and miss wants to talk to me. She waits patiently until the whole class leaves then turns her attention to me. "Veronica, what's the matter? You seemed distant in class." It was frustrating that I couldn't say what I wanted to say.

"I've got a lot on my mind, especially with my family problems." Why was I spilling these things to her? I didn't want her to know about my personal life but her smile and her eyes were telling me she wants me to confess everything.

"I understand Veronica but I know there's something else on your mind." Shit, I was in deep waters now and I don't think there's a way out of it.

"I..I think I'm in love with you." I blurt out, covering my mouth with my hands as Miss just looks shocked for a moment then she smiles. I can't believe that I actually told her, my life was going to be ruined and I couldn't go back in time to stop the words from rushing out of my mouth.

"Why didn't you tell me before? Your school work would be better if you had just got it out of the way." She walks around her desk and stands straight in front of me.

"Well I was scared that you would kick me out of your class, plus I'd go crazy if you weren't my teacher, because you know I'm only..." My rambling was stopped by Miss's moist pink lips crashing onto mine. This was like a dream come true, I've been waiting for ages for this to happen and it finally has. She gently bites my bottom lip and I parts them so she can gain access to my mouth, thank god I had brushed my teeth this morning.

She pulls away and catches her breath. "I have a class in five minutes, meet me after school and I'll give you my number." She says in a low, seductive husky voice. I walk away and compose myself, I didn't want Brit (or anyone as a matter of fact) to get suspicious.

I walk out of the classroom and Brit is stood outside with her arms crossed. "Finally, I thought she had killed you." I shove her gently on the shoulder and she shoves me back. "To give you a heads up Nic, I would want to cover your ears tonight, I'm fucking some chick." I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Can I join?" I raise my eyebrow and Brit looks bemused.

"Well, I don't think the basketball captain can shoot into two hoops at the same time." I don't have a clue what she means but knowing Brit, it's something dirty.

"I guess you've won Brit, you get any girl you want." Brit hugs me and holds me there for a few seconds.

"Thanks babe, I'll think about you." She plants a kiss onto my cheek and smiles. "Now let's get to lesson now shall we?" I nod my head and we walk together to our second lesson.

Arriving into lesson everyone looks at us, those looks of jealousy, the looks that could kill. The one person that stood out was the girl that Brit hooked up with last night, she wasn't even looking our way.

Brit grabs my arm and pulls my body closer to hers. "Time to give them a show." Brit whispers to me and plants a tender kiss onto my lips. Brit was taking this a little bit too far, I mean come on, kissing me in front of everyone so they think we're dating. My body seems to be giving up on me and my brain decides that I should kiss Brit back which I did.

She was taken aback for a millisecond but she started to kiss me more passionately, my hormones going wild. I look at the class to see that everyone has their mouths wide open. She removes her lips from mine and slings her arm around the small of my back and smirks in front of the whole class. "Sorry everyone, I just couldn't resist kissing my beautiful girlfriend." I look back from embarrassment and see that Miss Winters is staring at me through the open classroom door, looking completely shocked.

"Brit I have to go to the toilet." She lets me go and I run after Miss Winters. "Wait, I can explain." She turns around and looks at me, waiting for me to start talking again. "I didn't do it on purpose, Brit just kissed me in front of the whole class, I admit that I kissed her back, but when I realised that I was doing it, I tried to pull away and Brit wouldn't let me. I'm sorry if you thought something was really happening. I do want to say that you were my first kiss." I look at her sincerely and she walks over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist and stroking my cheek ever so gently, I could feel my body tingling at this sensation.

"Am I really your first kiss?" She asks me and I nod my head, she chuckles and brings her mouth close to my ear. "Just want to tell you that my first name is Emily, but everyone calls me Em." She quickly looks to see if anyone can see us, when the coast is clear she starts to trail kisses from underneath my ear and around my jaw before finally kissing me on the lips. I knew I had to get to lesson but this was much better.

I pull away and she frowns, "I'm sorry but I have to get to lesson." I walk away from her leaving her confused. I got into the classroom silently and sat in my seat next to Brit, no one had heard or seen me enter. "Hey I'm back." We smiled at each other before getting back to class.