Chapter Three: Pack your Bags

...everything was quiet except the rain on the windows. That is, until to phone rang...

Ashton walked over to the phone. "It must be Hayden" she answered it,"Hayden im so sor-,"

Ashton was interrupted by Hayden yelling," Ash you gotta come over right now! hurry!," she could hear a loud buzzing in the background. She didn't have time to say anything before he hung up. Ashton grabbed her cell-phone and ran to the car. She raced her way to Hayden's apartment.

(Hayden's Apartment)

"I cant believe this!" Hayden shouted," It actually works!" Ashton burst through the door, hearing the loud buzzing she asked," What is going on?!"

"Ash, im so sorry i got so mad at you. You helped me! When I went to pick up the pieces I found the one piece that I had forgotten to use! If you hadn't smashed the machine I would never have found it! Thank you, Ash" She just stood there speechless as Hayden hugged her.

"So, it really works? I-it can really take us ahead or back in time?"

"I'm not sure...but do you wanna try with me?"

"Uhhhh,"Ashton wasn't quite sure what to say. "Ok."

"Great! Ok go back home and pack some bags for...errr...say 5 days. Oh! And pack lightly. The less baggage, the better!"

Ashton nodded, still amazed that this machine really worked. She went back home and packed some gear. She packed some comfortable clothes, both for heat and cold. She packed some survival gear, and some food. She grabbed her 3 bags and threw them in the back of her navy blue pick-up truck. Ashton was now on her way to Hayden's.

When's she got there, Hayden was already packed in 2 bags. "You've got 5 days worth of clothes and survival gear in there?"

"Survival gear? Ash, we are going forward in time. We aren't going to need lots of survival gear in the future." Hayden was obviously very excited about this trip.

"Ok, whatever. But I'm still bringing some just in case."

"Alright. You ready?"

"I-I guess?" Ashton was very nervous about this trip to the unknown. "How, exactly, do we know wher...err...'when' we are going?"

"Uhhh, well this button refracts the time waves (i dont know the scientifical whateverness for time travel so i just came up with this ok?) to go forward, and this one backward."

"Ok. So say we go 100 years forward, when we come back, assuming we come back," she gave him a glare," how are we going to come back to the same time we left from?"

"The machine refracts the light the for the same amount of time so if we go forward 100 years, then push the "past" button, it will bring us back 100 years."

"Oh, ok." Ashton was still unsure about this.

"Ok..." Hayden took a deep breath,"Hang onto your bags." Ashton grabbed her bags and Hayden pushed the 'future' button. The power went out and there was a loud screeching noise coming from the machine. Ashton fainted. Just after he saw her fall to the ground, he did the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DUHN DUHN DUHN. What will happen next? I dont even know yet! I need some ideas, guys! I may not use your exact idea but maybe you idea will inspire me! Thanks for all the reads! I hope you've enjoyed it so far. Advertise my story, please.

Thanks again,

Jordan :D