Chapter One: The Start of it All

Intro~

'Time Travel'. Deep thoughts, huh? There's a lot to think about on that topic; does it mean the past and future are happening right now, just as the present? Is it even possible? Who knows. If your wanting and answer, your not going to find it here. But you are going to get an answer to one, very 'deep', question.

"Crap," Hayden sighed as he, yet again, failed at another invention.

"You are never going to get that junker to work," his girlfriend walked into the doorframe and leaned on it. "Oh, you never had hope in me, Ashton."

"I'm only joking, you big baby," Ashton said as she walked closer to Hayden, playfully punching him on the shoulder. He only smirked at her, still working on his machine. "So...what exactly is this, thing, your working on?"

"A time machine"

"A time machine? Really? That's been done a million times, Hayden. Cant you make something that might actually work? Like...like a robot...yea...a robot that can knit sweaters for all the penguins in Alaska! Now that, I would buy."

Hayden just rolled his eyes at this rude, yet funny, remark. "Hey, ill catch you later. Maybe we can go to a movie or dinner?"

"Yea...yea sure, whatever..." A reply was barely heard from Hayden. Ashton just rolled her eyes and sighed, knowing that he didn't really hear her. She left.

After she left, Hayden continued to work on his machine. "Dangit," again he screws up. "Maybe she's right, I'll never get this thing working." He kept tinkering with it. A sigh came from the lonely lab in Hayden's small apartment.

(Ashton's Apartment)

Ashton sat down on the couch to watch some TV. This was the 5 Saturday in a row that Hayden had blown her off to drinker with some piece of junk. Maybe they weren't really for each other. He was all about science and making stuff, she just want to hang out and play any kind of sport. She would ask some of her friends to hang out, but Chasity was taking a vacation in Hawaii, Lindsay went back to school, and she never talked to Skylar anymore. So now she had nothing to do on yet another perfectly good Saturday. Ashton sighed