Chapter Two: Destruction

The next day Ashton went back to Hayden's apartment. Again he was working on his machine. "Hey," Ashton's voice came from behind Hayden. Only a grunt came from Hayden. "Heellloooo?" She called again. Nothing. "Hayden!" She said putting her hand on his shoulder and making him look at her.

"Hey, Ashton," he said as he turned back to his machine.

"You never pay any attention to me anymore, Hayden! I could dye my hair bright blue and get a tongue piercing and you wouldn't notice!" Hayden just kept working. Ashton was really getting angry now. She walked over to his

work table and shoved his machine onto the ground, it smashed into a million pieces.

"Ash! What have you done? You've just completely destroyed months of work! Why?" An argument erupted.

"We never get to hang out anymore! Its always about whatever machine you are working on! You hardly even talk to me!"

"Well we're talking now! Ya happy?"

Ashton stormed out as she yelled "Its over, Hayden!" After she was out the door she ran to her car, tears streaming down her face like the rain on her car window. "I cant believe how stupid i was." She yelled at herself. "Im such an idiot!"

(Hayden's Apartment)

Hayden started to pick up his broken machine. As he was doing this he noticed something under one of the tables. He went over to it. It was a piece. A piece that he had forgotten to use. "Oh my god," he whispered. "This is it. This is the piece that I was missing. Oh, poor Ash. I made her so mad. She'll never forgive me. I should have taken a break now and then to spend time with her." Hayden picked up the piece and set it on his table. He tried to call Ashton. No answer. Hayden sighed. He'd try again later. He went to his table and tried to put some of his machine back together. He did it faster than before since he now knew where each piece needed to go. When it came time he put the missing piece in. After Hayden finished it he turned it on. "OH my god!"

(Ashton's Apartment)

When Ashton heard the phone ring she knew it was Hayden. She ignored it, blowing her nose. "I feel so bad for smashing his machine..." She thought. "But he deserved it...he was always hunched over it...h-he deserved it....right?" She sighed again and flew back to lay on the couch. Staring at the ceiling she listened to the pitter patter of the rain drops at her windows. She felt relaxed but yet so tense. Everything was quiet except the rain on the windows. That is, until the phone rang...