Six

*Rosemary's POV*

(continuation of flashback)

Luke and i entered the living room to find the boy quietly singing to himself. he hadnt noticed that we had been standing there until he looked up. he smiled at me, causing a blush to rise on my cheeks. i didnt notice we were staring at eachother until Luke cleared his throat.

"so, ummm im Luke, and you already know Rose." he awkwardly said, sticking his hand out to shake. Mikey was hesitant to grab it, but shook his hand anyway.

"Michael, but call me Mikey." he replied with a smile.

"well hello Mikey, okay, well this is awkward but i need you to look in my eyes." He said, sounding unsure about it. i wondered why he seemed so nervous. 'i really hope she doesnt kill him. a vampire dies if their soulmate dies. i just wish they met before she turned.' he thought. wait, what?! if this boy dies, so do i?! he said we cant die! oh great, now i have to change him and be extremely careful not to kill him.

"what?" Mikey chuckled."and why are her eyes purple?" he asked, pointing to me.

"oh um she was bored so she put in the contacts she used on Halloween." he said calmly. Mikey only nodded.'i cant believe he bought it.' Luke thought.

"uhhh hey Luke, can i talk to you in the kitchen?" i said nervously.

"um yeah, Mikey can you wait here?" Mikey only nodded in response. i smiled to him before i followed Luke to the kitchen.

"Luke i cant change him, what if i kill him? you said i would die!" i whisper-yelled. he looked confused but then he seemed to remember that i can hear his thoughts.

"well, yes you would die, but you wont kill him. remember how you stopped before you killed that girl. she lived and so will he." he said in an effort to calm my nerves. "but we have to charm him, we need to put him to sleep, and i will make sure that the change is painless."  i wonder how he can do that, i always thought that it was extremely painful, i mean thats what it said in movies.

"how can you make it painless?" i aked him as he jumped up on the counter. i tried doing the same, but im too short. he laughed and picked me up with ease. he gently set me down on the counter.

"oh, i forgot to tell you what my power is. i can heal." healing? what does that have to do with anything?"that means i can heal the person right after they are bitten. the only thing that hurts about the transformation is the physical would it leaves. our venom burns their skin, so i heal it in an instant." he explained. i nodded my head and took a deep breath.

"i can do this, i wont kill him." i said as i began to walk into the living room. Mikey was still standing there, just looking at his phone. he heard my footsteps and looked up. he flashed me a smile, a smile that i instantly fell in love with.

'i always thought love at first sight was a myth, guess not.' he thought, making me smile back to him.

"hey, sorry i just needed help getting something out of the oven." i lied. we both took a step closer and stared in eachothers eyes. 'if he looks you in the eyes, charm him.' Luke thought, knowing i would hear him.

i hated having to do this, but i focused all of my energy on controlling his mind.

"Mikey, you will do exactly what i say." he nodded,"i want you to remember looking for your neighbors dog, i want you to remember meeting me and Luke, i want you to remember feeling the sparks when we touched. i want you to forget my eyes becoming purple. i want you to forget that i am controlling your mind. understood?" i said confidently. he nodded again."and lastly," i took one last look at those beautiful green eyes before they became red for days,"sleep." i said barely above a whisper.

he collapsed into my arms, and i placed him on the couch. i was fighting back tears' i cant believe i just charmed my soulmate' was the only thought going through my head. 'i cant do this, we are both going to die.' i thought as i sped to my room. i crashed onto my bed and cried into the pillows. i heard a knock and my door creaking. i heard breathing, but no heartbeat, meaning it was Luke.

"you need to be the one. i will be right there, and i promise you that i wont let you kill him. i dont break my promises." he said, sitting down next to me and putting a hand on my shoulder.

"okay, fine. i just, you need to makes sure you can get me away from him if i almost kill him. i have only drank blood once, who knows how i will react." i said, sitting up and wiping my eyes.

"it has to be like now though. he will wake up soon if he doesnt get the venom in him." i sadly nodded my head and slowly descended down the stairs. Mikey was still passed out on the couch. he looked so sweet, so innocent. his black and white hair was a mess, sticking up in every direction. i took a deep breath and whispered 'Luke, lets get this over with' under my breath, knowing he would hear me. i heard his breathing behind me and he appeared next to Mikey.

he looked at me as if to say,'are you ready?' i nodded my head. my hands began to shake as i walked over to his sleeping frame. i sat in the space next to him on the couch and gave him a kiss on the cheek. before i could back out if this whole ordeal, i sunk my teeth into his neck.' the wrist is easier to heal Rose.' Luke thought to me. i internally sighed as i began to drink the blood of my soulmate.

it felt as i a switch had been flipped in my brain. one minute im in controll of the situation, the next i cant find the will to not drink him dry.

i felt Luke put his hand on my shoulder, 'Rose, you are going to kill him. stop, please.' he 'said' to me. suddenly, it was like that switch was flipped again, and i felt as myself stop drinking this boys blood. 'now, keep your fangs in his neck, but dont drink one more drop or you will kill him.' Luke instructed. i sat there with my teeth deep in this unconcious boys neck, feeling worried.' what if it doesnt work? what if i killed him? what if he hates me for doing this to him?' a million thoughts were running through my head.

"Rose," Luke said,"slowly back away, i need to heal him and fast." i nodded and carefully retracted my fangs and got up off the couch. Luke took my spot and hovered his left hand over the bite marks on Mikey's neck. i heard his heartbeat pickup dramatically, and then stop altogether.