Chapter twelve: Rath vs Dirge

-Grievous's lair-

Rath and Dirge were waiting for the other to make a move. One could feel the tension in the air, as the Republic's best General faced off against the galaxy's best Jedi killer. Rath had read what the Republic and the Jedi had on him, but he knew this was gonna be tough. Lightsabers were pretty much ineffective against him, so after a few moments of staring each other down, Rath drew his blaster and fired at the bounty hunter. Dirge took the hit, before drawing his own blasters and fired at Rath. The Kaleesh cyborg had to dodge the incoming flakstorm, and ran behind a pillar. Dirge kept firing at Rath keeping the cyborg pinned. "Damn it!" Rath cursed in his native tongue, he then looked around and noted something about certain pats of the chamber. He ducked behind his cover when Dirge aim at his head, but noticed how the bolt ricocheted wildly around the room. (Reflective plating. That could work.) He thought, Rath then took aim at the plating, trying to angle the shot to hit Dirge's face. He then fired his blaster, the bolt ricocheted off the panels and grazed Dirge's helmet, but it was enough to stun him. Taking advantage of the opening he created, Rath stepped out and fired at Dirge's blasters, destroying them. He then holstered his blaster and charged at the bounty hunter. Rath and Dirge fought each other using hand to hand combat, but Rath had the upper hand, since his cybernetics enhanced both his strength and agility, but he still didn't draw his Lightsabers. Dirge could regenerate even from cauterized injuries, so they were useless. Rath move close to Dirge so he couldn't block, then elbowed his chest before hitting the Jedi Killer in the head with the back of his fist. Rath then threw Dirge over his shoulder, before stepping on his head, closing his foot's talons around it, a metal creaking sound was heard as the helmet was being crushed. Dirge then grabbed Rath's leg and threw him off of him. Rath started getting up, before he knocked Dirge's feet from under him. Dirge got up and punched Rath in the face. The Kaleesh grunted before returning the attack. He then jumped over Dirge before latching onto his back, and started squeezing. Dirge's back armor was crushed a few minutes later, leaving the mass of worms very angry. He threw a series of blows on Rath, who couldn't block all of them and was kicked back. The Kaleesh warrior got up slowly, this was anyone's fight now. Rath wiped some of his blood off his mask, but ended up smearing it in a three claw formation. He then reached behind him and grabbed a thermal imploder. He then rushed at Dirge, who swung at him again, but Rath jumped over the attack and landed behind him. "Come back from this, you wriggling mass of spaghetti!" He shouted, before plunging the imploder into Dirge and armed it. Rath then jumped off Dirge, and landed with his back to the bounty hunter, who was trying to get the imploder out of him. His body expanded for a second before he caved in and exploded. Blood and a few pieces of Dirge landed on Rath, who simply brushed them off, and grabbed Dirge's helmet. "That was for Quailan, and all the Jedi you killed." Rath said, before running to help Kit and Nahdar with Grievous's pet monster, Gor.

Rath lives on! Apologies, but I've had no time to write. And will likely publish any day I'm off work. As always though, comment, rate, and leave advise so I can improve. Next time, Rath and Grievous face off once again, and a crossover involving RWBY gets a visit from the King of the Monsters and friends and foe alike!