Chapter 17

After that night I was numb to the world. Despite Jase's constant pleas for me to talk to him, I remained silent.

I had nothing to live for, but I couldn't kill myself. Now my mate chooses to pay attention to me more than ever because he's " concerned about my safety "

My friends are around me 24/7 joking and laughing, hoping that will help me out of the depression. But it didn't. And it won't.

The dark circles under my blood shot eyes indicates that I've had no sleep.

I aimlessly wander around the house I smell that rotting smell again and decide to follow it.

It leads me right back to the doors I was at before. I open it slowly and creep inside. It's dark, and before I can't find the switch, two masculine arms and a familiar scent wrap around me and I'm pinned to the wall as the light comes on.

His eyes gaze at me in anger before they change to shock when they see me.

His violet eyes start to tear up as he pus me into a living embrace. No. This isn't real. I won't be fooled. This is just a hallucination from the depression..

" Hazey, sweetheart, I never thought I'd see you again. "

The voice that always brought a smile to my face spoke as he hugged me tighter. When I didn't hug back he looked concerned.

" What's the matter Hazey ? Don't recognize your own father ? I mean, I recognized you even in your... state.. "

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. So I just wrapped my arms around his neck and held him tight just In case it wasn't real. I wanted to feel him. It'd been too long.

And before I knew it I was crying again.

" Daddy I'm so sorry I wasn't there to help protect you and mom and Todd. I miss you so much. And I don't know if this is real or a hallucination because of my depression, but I don't want it to stop. "

His smile slowly fell as he furrowed his eyebrows and frowned at me.

" Depression ? That doesn't sound like my Hazey. " using his fatherly tone and throwing a bit of his alpha voice in there

Now I knew it was him. He always did that when he was concerned and never in any hallucination could it have been so real.

" I know. It's a long story, but can wet all about it another time ? I just wanna stay here with you and... Umm daddy ?"

" Yes baby girl ? "

" Where's mom ? and... Todd ? "

He smiled and as if on cue her angelic voice filled my ears

" It's about time. I was starting to think you'd forgotten about me. You always have been a daddy's girl " she smiled and I ran to her and wrapped my arms around her

" Mom I love you so much. I've missed you ! "

I heard little footsteps and a little shy voice

" Hazel ? Is that really you ? "

I turned around and the tears that I was holding in, came rushing out.

There looking better than ever was my little brother Todd

" Yea Toad it's me " I whispered and dropped to my knees as I held my arms out.

He ran over to me and squeezed me tight.

"You know how much I hate that name Hazel. I've missed you though... so it's okay. "

I ruffled his blonde hair and squeezed him.

" Mommy and daddy wouldn't let me go out of this room. They said it's not safe yet. But they won't tell me what's happening. "

I turned around and looked at my parents who had a guilty look on their faces.

" Mom ? Dad ? What's going on ? What's not safe ? And how did you guys get... Alive ?! "

"Hazey, sit down baby girl. " Dad said motioning towards the couch in the corner.

I got up but Todd refused to let go if my hand so I brought him with me.

" After we died... our wolves were still alive so they took over while we were still in human form.

My dad began

" So through our wolves eyes, we saw the men take you but we couldn't move, because we were... well, dead. after you left someone buried us and from under the dirt, we could hear chanting and all of a sudden we could move. And once we got out of the dirt, the Queen was there. She's a witch. She knew that you were her son's mate and she knew that you were going to escape from the testing facility. So she told us she was going to kill you. She gave us another choice, take you from here and never return to see Jase. And we agreed. "

" Dad what the hell ! "

" Okay first don't EVER swear at me. I am your father and your Alpha. And second I'm not finished. "

I nodded and he continued.

"We agreed, but we had a plan of our own. we would warn you. I suppose you found this room with the message from your dream. We would warn you and get ready for battle. Because if we were not to take you, you would be killed. She has a hatred for combos, her parents were killed by rouge combos. Little did she know I was one. We are the most powerful of supernaturals and if she would try to kill you, she would die trying. You're very special. You are a combination of all. Not one ounce of human in you, the most powerful of all. More than an Alpha. There are only 3 of you in the world. The queen has a secret army. And if she calls war, all of the attacks would be directed at you. We must take her out before it's too late. "

I was in shock. The queen wanted me dead. The bitch is faker than one of the Mean Girls.

" I'll be back dad. I'm going to get Jase. "

" No ! no one of the royal family must know of our being here. Tell only those who you'd trust with your life. "

"... Okay "

" We will train from 3-8 in the evening. That's when Jase has his Alpha ordered meetings. "

" Okay. I'll be back later. I love you guys. "

I give them all one last hug before heading back upstairs to sit on my bed and just think.

I'll be damned if that evil bitch kills me.