|| SIXTY-ONE ||

Though things were starting to look up for the seemingly doomed Southside Serpents, an asset to the latter title was being torn from under them. The Southside. Hiram Lodge and Sheriff Minetta became the final standoff opponents, patrolling the Southside to track down and end the gang. 

Inevitably, they were being blamed for Riot Night. Without any other choice, the Serpents gathered all of their belongings which they hadn't lost, and left the Whyte Wyrm, crossed the tracks for the last time.

Led by Jughead and surprisingly Archie Andrews who was rid of Hiram Lodge's hold, and his previous unruly opinion on the Southside, the gang took refuge at the Andrews residence who Fred selflessly welcomed them into.

The house wasn't huge, but everyone was more than relieved to have a warm place to reside for the night, and amazing food come sunrise. Lauryn sat slumped on the couch after finishing her food, spotting Archie passing in the hall. 

She jumped up to catch him, wincing as she forgot the pain which still lingered.

"Easy," Sweet Pea warned from next to where she'd been sat, the baby snuggled against his plaid shirt on one arm. 

Lauryn smiled briefly at him before going into the hall, stopping him with a hand on his chest. "Archie."

"Lauryn, how are you?" he replied, surveying her. "I didn't get a chance to ask about the baby, or Fangs."

"Both are good," she chuckled. "Thanks. You can come meet Courtney if you want, she's with Sweet Pea. I just wanted to come thank you for all of this, for opening up your home to us. That's probably the nicest thing anyone has ever done for us."

"No sweat, Lauryn," Archie said, patting her on the shoulder. "I'm glad one good thing came out of Riot Night, I definitely have to come say hi. I'm sure Veronica will want to, as well."

"Where is she?"

"She's..." Archie paused. "Still sorting out everything with her parents."

"Ah," Lauryn remembered. "Sometimes I forget that Hiram's her dad. He's single-handedly torn the town into four parts rather than the two it already was. Of course, the Serpents end up between the cracks. Did you hear?"

Archie frowned. "Hear what?"

"Weatherbee's shipping us to Seaside, Somerdale, and wherever else will take us because of Riot Night."

Archie took a second to think, before nodding at her in a way she couldn't quite comprehend. He squeezed her upper arm. "I'm gonna talk to Jug. Don't worry about any of this."

"Okay?" Lauryn furrowed her brow as he slipped through the crowded hallway towards the kitchen. She turned on her heel, going back into the living room. 

"Hey," Sweet Pea said as she sat down. He lifted her leg onto his, stroking her thigh. "You okay?"

"Yeah," she nodded. "I think Archie's cooking up some plan to stop the school transfer. God knows, though."

"Fuck it," he cursed bluntly. "I don't care anymore. It's the same old story. Something fucks up and we're the ones tossed around in the middle of it."

"Hey, let's not kill the vibe here," she soothed, placing her hand on top of his. "Has Fangs called?"

"No, but I sent him a text."