9 // the problem.

daisy always felt excluded. why couldn't she be more like her prestigious older sister, mia, who was preppy, smart and won prom queen?

instead, she was failing chemistry, and had possibly messed up a relationship that never was.

but daisy knew that however cute and kind mia looked, she was a complete reversal of her image.

"daisy?" mia entered her room, standing in front of daisy. "we need to talk."

"i'm going to ibiza for like, a week, starting tomorrow. but i was wondering if you could get dad's spare credit card for me?"

"get? like steal?" daisy already knew where this was going. "no way."

"come on. you do that kind of shit anyway, right? it's just a quick grab."

"mia i said, no!" daisy snapped. "if only mom and dad knew what kind of a person you really were."

mia's eyes narrowed. she hit daisy with a fierce slap that sent her sprawling. "don't be a fucking brat, daisy," mia said scornfully, giving the curled up girl a sharp kick with her heels, before leaving.

daisy felt a wet tear slide down her face. why did she want to be more like mia anyway?

she closed her eyes.

calum always went after those kinds of girls. preppy, fun, sickly sweet. she always used to see him with those girls, and never give her a second look. and when he fought samuel for her and nobody else, she was just confused.

daisy lifted her head. on her dresser, was her nail polish bottles. she knew which one she was wearing for calum.