5 // still.

5 // still.

calum found himself hitting the wall next to his bed as the impact shocked him. "ow!"

he opened his eyes, only to be met with a pair of even angrier ones. it was daisy.

"what the hell was that for?" calum spat. daisy raised her fist in warning.

"that was for worrying me, you asshole!" she avoided calum's gaze as he watched her curiously.

calum felt a blush spread across his cheeks. he didn't understand why, but something about daisy's gesture made him slightly uncomfortable. or even more comfortable. it worked either way.

"don't pull that kind of shit anymore, okay? you scared the shit out of me." daisy muttered. at the sound of the nurse shuffling about, daisy cursed silently.

she looked at calum, hesitated, and then leaned in and pressed her lips to his sore cheek. pulling away quickly, she darted between the curtains, making her way outside.

calum sat still, stunned. the nurse, whose name was abby, glanced over at him.

"oh, good, you're awake." calum didn't reply to her. he sat, still. "i've talked to your teacher about your symptoms, and they've implied that you might be anaemic."

"what's that?" calum said, half-listening. nurse abby talked about a lack of red cells or haemo-something in the blood which resulted in being tired and weak a lot.

"you're going to have to go to the hospital, so they can run a blood test, check for sure and tell you how to treat it, so i've brought someone who can take you."

the door opened, and a familiar face peeked in.

calum stood up straight away. "mali!" his older sister smiled at him, pushing the door wide open.