12

~Ed POV~

A few weeks go by, and they are the happiest weeks of my life. Being with Roy is the best thing ever, to be able to call him mine and kiss him and just be with him. It's perfect.

Everyone now knows about us, and although some people were surprised and there were a few comments about the age gap, everyone is used to it now and most people think we're a cute couple.

Nearly every day one of us goes to the other one's office on our break, usually Roy visiting me, to share kisses and make work a little less stressful and boring.

We normally go round each others houses after work, too. We cook dinner for each other and had even go on a few dates together. Roy's really good at romantic surprises. Most of the time it's just little things, like a trail of rose petals leading to a more romantic, candlelit dinner. He's amazing.

I hear a knock at the door, pulling me fron my thoughts. I quickly get up and go open it.

"Roy." Of course.

"Hi, Ed," he says, a small smile gracing his lips, "as you know, I have a surprise planned for us this afternoon." He pulls out a wide strip of material. "Turn around," he commands. I do so without hesitation.

I feel him place the material over my eyes, and tie it in a knot behind my head. A blindfold. So it really will be a surprise.

"Okay, you're going to have to trust me a bit here," Roy tells me. I just nod; I would trust him with my life.

I feel him take my hand and start walking. I follow him, walking slowly as I can't see where I'm going. We walk a little bit and suddenly the air is cooler and fresher. I realise we're outside. I hear Roy shut the door, and he then guides me a little further before helping me into some kind of car.

I'm so excited. Nobody's ever done anything like this for me before, and I had no idea Roy was so romantic. I wonder where we could be going.

I feel the car stop and hear Roy get out before helping me out.

He turns me around and takes off my blindfold. I blink for a moment, my eyes adjusting to the light, and then I see where we are.

"Ice skating?"

He nods.

"It's perfect," I tell him.

"Really? I didn't know if you were going to like it or not," he confesses.

"Well, I've never actually been before but I've always wanted to. And now I get to do it with you."

He smiles in relief and takes my hand as we walk in together. He pays for both of us before I can say anything, and then we both get our ice skates on.

Suddenly I feel a bit nervous. "Is ice skating easy?" I ask.

"You'll probably find it a bit difficult at first, but I expect you'll get used to it after a bit."

We make our way into the ice rink, my hand gripping Roy's tightly. When we're safely on, I slowly let go of his hand and instead grasp the the side of the rink. I use it to push myself forwards on the ice a bit. I'm a bit wobbly, but generally it's okay. I push myself around the rink slowly. I fall over a few times - which isn't as painful as I expected - but by the time I've done a slow circle around the whole rink I don't think I'm doing too badly.

As I'm doing this, Roy is showing off a bit. He does laps around the rink like me, but while I'm shaky and wobbly he makes it look like the easiest thing in the world. I'm guessing he skates a lot.

After the full lap, I decide to be a bit braver, and let go of the supports, actually skating into the middle rather than just using my hands to push me. I glide along for a moment - and then suddenly I fall. I try to get up again, but I'm in the middle of the rink now and I can't lift myself up with the sides. I make it up, and try to regain my balance - but then I fall again.

Roy laughs, having been watching my struggle.

"Don't be so mean," I pout, "help me up!"

"Okay, okay," he says, still laughing a little, "but only because you look so cute when you do that face."

He pulls me up, somehow managing to stay balanced as he does. I cling on to him as I regain my own balance.

"How about we just do that," he says, gesturing to another couple in the rink. One of them is skating backwards and pulling the other one forwards as they hold hands, facing each other.

I nod, "that looks easier."

He takes both of my hands in his and I grasp them tightly as he starts to skate backwards, gently pulling me forwards with him.

I relax, forgetting all my fears of falling over, because Roy is in control, and I know I can trust him.

"I'm kind of surprised you like ice skating," I tell him as we glide around the rink together, "I mean, you're the flame alchemist, and fire and ice don't really mix very well, do they?"

"I never really thought of it like that," he says. "I come here quite often, but not many people know."

We skate (or rather, Roy skates) in silence for a while, but it's a comfortable silence. I feel so happy and relaxed and it's perfect.

After a while of this, we decide to get off the rink.

There's a small cafe to the side and we decide to get hot chocolate there. Roy sees my face as he went to pay for both of us again, "just let me, Ed. I want everything to be perfect for you."

"Okay," I agree somewhat reluctantly, "but you're too sweet to me. I don't deserve you. I love you, Roy."

"I love you too, Ed."

After we finish our drinks, we get our shoes back and Roy drives us back to his.

"I wanted to cook you a romantic meal, but we were longer than I thought we'd be. Is takeaway okay?" he asks, smiling apologetically.

"Of course," I say, "can we have pizza?"

He nods, and soon orders it.

By the time it arrives I'm starving and so is Roy. We devour the pizza in minutes, and soon after turn to our favourite activity - kissing.

The kiss is explosive, electric, my mouth pressed against his, tongues wrestling for dominance, and his hands explore my body, cupping my face, going down to stroke my chest and down even further....

He squeezes my rapidly hardening member, earning a loud moan from me. He pulls away from the kiss and looks at me, a question in his eyes. I bite my lip. I want this, I do, but it feels too rushed.

I shake my head, "sorry," I say, "but I don't think I'm ready. I've never done... anything like that before."

He nods and kisses me again, but this time the kiss is slower, sweeter, and although the fire is still there, it is now a comforting warmth.

Eventually I have to leave, although I really don't want to. But the date was so perfect that I don't  mind too much, I know I'll see him again tomorrow anyway. Today was incredible. I love my boyfriend.

-----------------------

Hi guys! Aww their first proper date :3 I don't really like how this chapter turned out though because half of it got deleted so I had to rewrite it :( I know it's getting a bit boring but big things are on their way... but are they good or bad things...? Hehehe. Anyway, don't forget to vote/comment. Bye for now!