STC Entry 8

Sorry for the long wait... This is the first entry again since the last.

I could not describe the feeling when his lips damped on mine. Sparks fly? Yes there are sparks only to last for about five or six seconds but after that it was disgusting and I hate it. It took a couple of minutes to realize that I kissed him and I should have been happy. But look at me now I literally want to throw up. It took a matter of seconds before I started to rise and run. Masyadong pagod na ako on sticky situations that I always get involved. I don’t know why pero I think I’m unlucky. Kung kelan na mas na-iingat ako dun na lang ako always napapahamak.

As I run I heard few gasps probably they are shocked sa bilis ng pangyayari and buti nalang I didn’t fell dahil I thought I was flying. Pero pag pala tumatakbo ka you could not resist looking at your back. I saw him his looking at me those blue eyes. He was probably confused but his eyes staring at me I felt a shiver on my spine.

‘Get a grip Samantha you should not look at him’ I told myself

“Manong!” I shouted.

He opened the door for me, “Oh nandyan ka na pala.”

“Thank you po..”

Is that when I realise that I was so tired on running. Not just physically but emotionally as well. I’m always running. Running for my father’s love, running for someone’s acceptance, and running for him. Every part of me screams giving up but there is a small voice in my heart saying don’t give up.

+++

The house was quiet and there was atmosphere of tension on it probably wala si Papa. It was one of the things that I observed in our household. Pag wala si Papa our maids are relax. Sino ba naman ang hindi maiintimidate sa kanya bukod sa air of arrogance niya he has this businessman look that could stare directly unto your soul. I’m not exaggerating.

 After an hour I managed to woke up from my beauty sleep. Sleeping does wonder to your body I felt like my mind was cleared with problems. They were non existing but when I looked at my phone. It was pure and tangible problems. I got twenty miss calls and thirty messages. Saying I was nervous was an understatement because I want to scream murder. Scrolling on the list it was from an unknown caller or texter. It might be a scammer dahil sa malaki yung company namin frequent na yung mga spam messages na natatangap ko. I don’t know how they got my number but as scammer you got to have what you want.

The first of the messages was from my brother. What a relief! He was just asking me if I’m still alive and kicking.

‘LOL’ I replied ‘buhay pa ako!’

But the next messages were terrifying me.

‘Hey answer your phone!’

‘This is my eighth call just answer the bloody damn call.’

When I read that word ‘Bloody’ I know who is this. Hunter. I don’t want to answer his call and read his messages anymore so I texted him back.

“get lost” I punched the letters on the screen of my phone.

“We need to talk!” he replied.

“Ayaw ko makipag-usap sayo!.”

“Speak English!”

“It’s your problem not mine!” I texted back only to realize na I did responded fiercely. Saan ko naman nakuha tong attitude na to. Maybe fierce Samantha is just hiding inside me. I felt joyful dahil nalaman ko na I just couldn’t be reserve and shy. May pagkakataon din na even though I’m insecure I should be expressing myself with flowery words. At sabi nila how could someone respect you If you didn’t respect yourself. This realization hit me like tsunami waves. I felt ashamed na naglaslas ako for nothing but to indulge myself on self pity. And sino yung nagpalabas dito is the person na last on my list. Hunter.

“I’m not into your drama. Wait I’ll get the dictionary.”

So he exerted some effort to read my messages. Kinilig ba ako? Siyempre I did nagpagulong-gulong pa ako sa bed. Kahit na napakaimposible na maging kami hays. But ba ganun kanina lang I hated our kiss pero bakit ngayon bumabalik na naman yung pagkakagusto ko sa kanya. Maybe it is with the name. Hunter. Of all the names bakit ba hunter? Is it because he is dark and dangerous? Probably right. All of the girls are swooning and drooling at him and I’m one of them mas natatago ko lang naman.

Parang he’s taking a lot of time ng paghanap ng dictionary. Baka kung anong nangyari sa kanya. Maybe he broke his neck reaching for the dictionary. Nah he deserves it masyado kaya siyang mean sa mga estudyante.

Finally he replied. “Hey I forgot where I put that damn dictionary. So I just tell this to you straightly.”

“Watch out for your mouth. You cuss as if you are born with it.” I replied irritatingly.

“I don’t fucking care!” He replied “ I’ll call you will answer your phone.”

My phone rings and I started to get nervous.

“Hello?” I replied while punching m y forehead. It was so stupid I sounded so sweet and girly.

“Hey is that you? You sounded weird.”

I felt embarrassed and I was thankful that he is not seeing me for sure I’m bright red as an apple.

“Whatever” I alter my voice to sound hateful.

“Listen about the thing earlier...”

So this is about earlier I felt embarrassed again and scared as well. He might do something bad onme or my family. He is Hunter after all and I should have hold back my tongue a while ago. Baka kung anong gawin niya samin.

“I... what?” I stammered.

“You sounded scared I will not do anything to you fat ass. Listen I got this promised to mygrandfather that died 6 years ago. And that is...”

“What?” I asked a little bit nervous.

“That my first kiss will be my girlfriend..” he dropped the bomb as if it is the easiest word to say. “technically you are my girlfriend now and I’m going to be your boyfriend as long as I managed to find the girl of my dreams. I realized that this is not bad at all since If you become my girlfriend then no girl will be flocking around like drooling dogs around me...” That is how he easily he said all those words like a boss and he finally turned of f his phone leaving me dumbfounded. At least I smelled dinner and I forgot what was my problem.