Chapter 2

POV- Unknown

I crouched behind a huge bush maybe about a few yards away from the Alpha. My next victim. He killed my girlfriend, Sandra. Now I was gonna kill him.

(Remember girlfriend not mate)

I silently followed behind him as he crept through the forest. He looked almost paranoid. All of a sudden he bolted off into the forest. Damn.

I followed his scent making sure to keep a distance. I spotted a cave off into the distance, I heard him like talking or yelling. At who?

The yelling became louder. Is he crazy or something? I had to get a closer look at this d-bag.

I slowly made my way edging closer to the cave. I smelt an all too familiar smell... Blood. What the hell was he doing? He came out of the cave in his human form, then shifted and ran back the way he came. I was tempted to follow him, but I had to know what he was doing.

I set foot in the dark cave, my eyes adjusting to the dark room. I saw a figure lying on the ground. Shit. I ran over to the lifeless figure, I heard a slow heartbeat. At least it's alive.

As I got closer I realized it was a girl. She looked young, around 16 or something. I could see the blood on her face. Had he done this?

I shifted into my human. I grabbed a pair of pants and a shirt from his drawers. He wouldn't mind. I also dumped all his clothes out in the process.

I slowly brushed the girls hair out of her face. I froze. She looked exactly like Sandra. Could this be her? No she was dead. I saw her body, I was at the funeral, I saw the body before it was buried. I walked away from the girl running my fingers through my hair.

So many thoughts ran through my head. Who is this girl? What is she doing here? Why did he hit her?

I looked back to the girl, her breathing was scratchy. I made my way over to her I slowly picked her up. I heard a metallic scraping sound. Wtf?

She had a chain on her leg. What the hell had he done to this girl? I layed her down on the bed. Getting the right equipment to help her wound. I was cleaning up the blood on her head, she was beautiful. What was she doing here?

I think she had smacked her head on the floor. There was a red mark on her cheek. Had he slapped her? Why?

Then it dawned on me. She was his mate. That made me fucking furious.

He was a monster, he didn't even care about his own mate. I would freaking die for my mate.

If I had one.

I looked back at the girl. How? How can he hurt something so beautiful?

"Mhmm" I heard a whimper pass through her full pink lips. Her eyes fluttered open and she sat up in bed.

Crap.

She looked at me like she had never seen a real human before. She crawled out from under the covers and sat right next to me.

"Are you real?" She said. She reached her hand out and poked at my face. I chuckled lightly decreasing the tension in the air.

"I'm pretty sure I'm real" I said. She was intently starring at my face.

"You hit head on the floor, I guess" I said. I wish I hadn't. Her whole face fell and she seemed to look paler. Her lips where forced down into a straight line. She brought up her legs to sit Indian style. "I guess" she said playing with the chain on her leg.

"Are you his mate?" I asked. I had to know. Maybe I could use her as bait to catch him, maybe.

She looked up at me with wide, scared eyes. "Please don't tell anyone" she begged.