Chapter 4

I hop everyone had a GREAT Christmas, I didn't. :(. Anyways here's a little present for you guys. It's a day late but oh well. Merry Late Christmas.

Laine's. POV

Just two more hours to go. Stay awake. My eyes where betraying me, trying to close. I briefly glancedglanced at the green light of the digital clock radio. 3:00. In the morning.

Liliana had fallen asleep hours ago. He face was smushed against the window, her nose pressed on the glass makeing a foggy circle on the window. She was cute.

She looked so much like Sandra, but she acted SO different. Sandra had a real temper, she was always a fierce warrior, she never agreed to anything, she was so stubborn. I smiled at the memory.

Compared to her Liliana was a scared little bunny, she jumped at every noise it was like she was scared of her own shadow. I knew he did that to her, it just made me that much more pissed at him. I knew it would be hard to gain her trust, but I would try my best. As long as I'm living....

It's just Sandra was so passionate about life, she never wanted to die. I knew she had a bad past, but she never let that get in her way. When we found one another we had nothing. We were everything to each other. She was my everything.Now that she's gone I have nothing, I'm nothing. I cant go on without her. Once I avenge her, and kill myself......I'll finally be at peace.

I looked to the clock again. 3:02. Ugh. I couldn't stay away much longer, and I didn't want to crash. Well not with Liliana in the car I would never forgive myself. I know she isn't Sandra, but I can't help but feel connected to her. I had to help her.

I saw the red glow of the hotel sign from a distance, making it look kind of eerie in the darkness. As the neon light flickered off and on, I got my bag and Liliana's.

I gently shook her shoulder. "Liliana" I whispered. A small grunt came from her mouth. Then she snuggled back into my jacket that I had given her earlier. I sighed.

"Liliana, wake up" I shook her shoulder faster. Her eyes shot open, and she looked around for signs of trouble.

Shit! I got to think of other ways to wake her.

"We're gonna rest here for the night ok?" I said. She nodded.

As we walked up to the front of the hotel, she kept glancing around, looking for something in the shadows. I felt her little hands grip around my arm, for protection. I don't think she even realized she was doing it. She kept surveying the parking lot as we crossed it.

When we reached the doors, she removed her hands, blushing.

"sorry"

"It's not a big deal, you don't have to apologize for everything" I said. We walked up to the front desk. I did not like the way the guy at the front desk was eyeing her, it was like he was undressing her with his eyes.

I wanted to growl at him...wait why? She's not even mine. Like I said, I can't help it, she just looks so much like Sandra, it's like I think she's Sandra.

Oblivious to the guy's hungry eyes she just smiled at him urging the creep on. When I was getting our room, I felt like getting a one bedroom, just to set that guy straight. I knew I couldn't that would scare the crap out of her.

When he didn't stop checking her out I put my arm around her shoulder, giving him a death glare. He fumbled around with the key card, trying not to look me in the eye. Ha prick.

I reluctantly took my arm off her shoulder, leading her to our room. When we got into the room she looked at me strange.

"Why did you do that?"