18

"Yo." I speak. "Park right here." I look at this house. "I need to do something real quick."

"You need some rest. Who lives here?" Darryl asks.

"Someone who has a huge impact on every shit."

"Come on man. You just recovered from a gun shot and finally got out of the hospital two days later. Now you want to go do some more shit." Darryl says in frustration.

"I am not going to do anything. I just want to talk to him." I get out of the car and make my way up the porch. Darryl stays in the car with Mariah and observe.

I knock on the door, waiting for a response. Few seconds later a man that seems to be in his early 50s, opens the door.

"And how may I help you?" He speaks.

"I want to ask you why?"

"Why what, boy?"

"Why did you raise Johnson to be like that?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." He says stepping inside his home, on the verge of closing the door, but I stop him.

"Do you know that he's in jail all because of you."

"Johnson had a choice. I didn't have to do shit."

"You're part of his choice. You had a big part to due with his life. Hypnotizing him and shit. You know what you have done. Killing his mother. She didn't do shit to you."

He froze. I hit that spot. "I don't know how you can live with yourself for all these damn years, but what shit have you gotten from it? A dead wife? Your only child in jail?" I shake my head in disgust.

"Yeah I know that shit. You were supposed to be a role model for your son, but you raised him as a pussy instead... Just like you." I say walking away.

"And I know Johnson was scared to stick up to you, so I'm doing this shit for him. You bum motherf-cker." I get inside the car.

"Well damn." Mariah speaks. "What has he done to you?"

Darryl begins to drive while I tell part of the story.

"Can you drop me at the county jail." I ask.

"Can I drop you at the gas station for a refill?" Darryl jokes.

"Man, come on." I speak. "I got one more thing to handle, then to home I go."

"No, we're having a huge family dinner today."

"Since when?"

"Since 1800's"

Mariah laughs. "Can I come?" She asks.

"She missed the huge family part." Darryl says looking at me.

"Never mind then!"

"I'm kidding. Your ass can come."

"I know I can."

"Can you please take me to the place and then you two can flirt."

"Somebody needs to take their pain medication." Darryl says.

I almost punch the shit out of him, but you wouldn't want to see Carter men fighting each other. That will create world war three and a half.

__

I feel like a bitch walking into this place just to speak to Johnson's ass, but I feel like I owe him something. The officer guides me to the booth. He tells me to sit down while he goes and get Johnson from his cell.