Night Children: Secrets are only secrets for so long One: Birth

A gentle breeze swept over the land, the grass and fall leaves rustled on the ground animals scurried through the nearby forest, it was a picturesque night the crickets, frogs and night birds were singing a lovely song. It was broken by the screams that echoed through the night, cutting the beauty like a knife.  

"Push Aliana!" Lucien said his hands between his wife's legs, he held the head of his child in his hands. Aliana screamed louder her nails biting into bed sheets, her breaths came in pants, great gulps, sweat matted her dark hair to her neck, her forehead. She pushed harder than before, the pain was like something she'd never thought imaginable.  

"We've got arms," Lucien said with a smile, looking up at his wife- who was not smiling, rather scowling at her husband's obvious joy while she was in such a condition. It wasn't long after that the child was in Lucien's arms. "A beautifully health baby...girl." He looked up at his wife who shared the look of worry, the look of fear, "shit."  

ONE MONTH PREVIOUS:

Lucien got his sword out and looked back at his wife, his very pregnant wife. She waddled around mostly her large smile, her hand on her belly- she was so happy to be gifted with her first child. This created quite the situation, Lucien knew she couldn't run, and the screams in the village made Lucien fearful. She held the back of his shirt her head on his back, "what do you think they will do?"  

There was a question. Lucien's eyebrows drew together, he knew the answer- burn the houses, kill the people, take over the land. End of story. Of course that wasn't the answer Aliana was looking for. He didn't answer her because he couldn't. He heard more screams, saw houses up in flames, people he knew in the streets running for their lives. The Night Children were there, and having all too much fun. Bloodcurdling screams filled the air.  

The door to their modest home broke open Aliana let out a frightful scream while Lucien raised his sword. He was good with the weapon, all weapons really a mercenary, a damn good one, as much as he wanted to hold his wife, even look at her one last time, he couldn't because the only chance of their survival was for him to succeed in killing the Night Children, and that was near impossible.  

"Oh, lookie here Hanna- someone is looking for a fight." Lucien looked at the creature through glaring eyes, in front of him stood one of the Night Children. Devilish dirty blonde hair, bright red eyes, blood dripping from fangs somehow the creatures light cotton clothing was spotless. The girl next to him, Hanna, had long blonde hair that reached her calves, blood smeared over her mouth that had broken into a psychotic grin, her eyes even brighter than the males, her nails coated in drying blood. Her white knee length dress was matted with dirt and blood. She tilted her head to the side, "I wouldn't mind another fight," her voice was beautiful her scent alluring. "You want to know what happened to the last guy?" She asked leaning forward, "he tried to bite... me! Can you believe it? So I stuck my hands inside his mouth... and then... I pulled with all my might and ripped his jaw and head in two!" She screeched with laughter, she took a step toward them when an arrow ripped through her heart.  

She turned around, the feathered end hitting the male she was with as she looked out into the night, saw something Lucien couldn't. "You two are idiots," out of the shadows came a elderly man- John had never seen the man before and knew why he was not young like most Night Children are he was one of them, and apparently a highly respected one. "Hanna, Terrance; would you look at the woman," he asked sounding bored.  

"She's pregnant we see that," Terrance responded angered by the interruption in the killing spree. "Twice the goodness," he said snapping his teeth at Aliana.  

"And what did the King dictate about pregnant women?"  

Hanna tilted her head in confusion, "I must not have been paying attention." The elderly man moved with such swiftness in less time that it took Lucien to blink the woman's neck was backward and blood was flooding out of her mouth.  

Terrance now seemed nervous, "don't kill them?" Apparently the elderly man didn't like how Terrance's answer was in the form of a question, Terrance ended up in a heap like Hanna.  

The elderly man came in the house now, he was wearing light armor, his white beard was long, his hair was severely thinning on the top of his head. "I apologize for them. It seems they don't listen to a damned thing, hard to train ones that indulge to much. My name is Lucid, and my King wishes to meet with you. Please put that weapon down, if I meant you harm," he smiled showing his fangs, "you'd be dead already."  

Lucien took the chance too look at Aliana who shrugged her shoulders, they both knew Lucid spoke truth. They would both be drained right now if it weren't for the old man. Lucien let his sword down, he grabbed Aliana's hand with his both were clammy from fear.  

The Night Children gathered around the last two beating human hearts, snapping teeth, blood covered creatures, "enough!" Lucid said raising his hand, "it appears we have found our saviors. Get two horses, get them on, and lets get the hell out of his place."  

The vampires quickly complied with Lucid's commands. Lucien and Aliana were on separate horses, Night Children found the pace of the running horses two slow, but apparently couldn't go far from Lucid and were running in circles around them, the horses were spooked but kept going. It was a long trip but through the forest they came to large stone walls. The gate opened allowing them inside; Lucid brought them directly to the castle, Lucien noted humans were living inside the gates, he was a little surprised by the fact.  

They got off the horses and followed Lucid inside. Aliana looked nervous and clung to her husband. Lucien kept his eyes on his surroundings, it surprised him that Lucid let him keep his sword. Lucid opened large double doors. A middle aged man looked up his eyebrows drawing together, "what is this Lucid?"  

"My honourable king, I bring you our saviors, the prophecy is in motion. The man bore arms against a set of twins, rescued by one of your own, and as you can see, the woman is pregnant."  

The man stood, "names?"  

Lucid drew a blank and turned to them, Lucien answered, "Lucien Harp, this is my wife Aliana."  

"Sir John, my newest Daylight Guardian, I am the king here, my name is Vincent Wayland; I welcome you." Vincent came nearer out of his thrown, he was in a white collared shirt, a fancy black jacket over it, gold symbols that stood out, black pants. His white blond hair stood out, his eyes were as black as the night. He smiled, fangs glinted in the fire light.  

"Daylight guardian?" Lucien questioned.  

"Yes, it seems we have a problem with the Moon Children," Vincent said with a wave of a jewelled hand. "Quite the problem indeed. See, they want us dead, and have the advantage of not being allergic to sunlight... sooo they attack us during the day and we are trapped as mice. Humans, strong, male humans can fight though in the day, protect us; and we supply them with homes, food, water, everything they could need. Their families are also protected it is a win-win situation." Vincent said clapping his hands together. "And as prophecy predicts, I will protect you, as you protect me. And that tot you have waiting to be born," Vincent went down on one knee and gently touched Aliana's stomach, "will be a strong knight that will save my son."  

One of the large doors opened, and a small head popped in. "Speak of the devil," Vincent whispered, as his son came in the door.  

"The savior," the child said, "is here?"  

Vincent smiled down at his son, the child picked up much from the village people, as well as other talkative Night Children. His dark hair, that he got from his mother was messy from playing, the three year old was quite content, his fangs hadn't grown in yet and was still eating human food. He barely came to Vincent's knee, he looked up at his father with bright blue eyes, "yes my son... These are Sir Lucien, and Madam Aliana, the baby will be here soon," Vincent looked up to Lucien and Aliana, "this is my son, Viktor Lukas Wayland."  

Viktor came up to Aliana staring up at her, she swallowed nervousness, "don't be scared Lady Aliana," he said softly, reaching up to touch her belly, "we will take good care of each other."