Night Children: Secrets are only secrets for so long Seventeen: Drug

I had been sleeping when I heard the front door open, I grabbed the dagger I kept under my pillow and pulled it out, getting off my bed soundlessly and stepping lightly onto the floorboards. I got out and swung at the shadow which grabbed my hand twisted it and the blade fell from my grasp.

A hand went over my mouth and I knew I had good reason to be afraid. It was warm. No human would attack me, not when I was still known to be friends with the prince, so I could only assume it was the human form of a Moon Child, or one of the ‘others.’

“I told you we would meet again,” a woman’s voice rang clear in my ear, “I’m going to remove my had from your mouth and you will not scream.” She let go, the last part was a command, I couldn’t have screamed if I had wanted to, she let go of my arm. It was the girl from before, the one I let out of the cage, I lit a lantern, she was looking a lot better than the time before, her hair was half done up in a silver clasp, she was wearing light makeup and a black dress with black stockings and shoes.

“What are you doing here?” I asked my eyes flickered to the blade on the ground.

“Don’t think about it,” she said in a light tone, “I’m here because the Night Children have started to infringe on our territory. Actually killed a few of my kind and there aren’t many of us left.”

“So why come to me?”

She smirked, “that isn’t for you to know yet. Point is, the Night Children are getting out of hand, I, along with my sisters need to… correct them… make them atone for what they have done. We need to weed them out, they’ve grown to large.”

“Again, why are you telling me this?”

“Love, you’re going to help me.”

~

“Viktor you look fine!” Alana said for the tenth time, but Viktor was still fussing. “Stop pacing, for goodness sake, your making me fell motion sick.”

“I’ve never done this before.”

“You’ve done it dozens of times.”

“Using the voice, I’m not doing that to her.”

“Really, because when the month is over if you fail, your father-”

The door burst open breaking off his sentence and Lucid walked in, “what are you doing here? I don’t have study tonight.” Viktor said confused.

“You should be gone by now.”

“So…” Viktor’s word dragged off.

“So I came to give you a kick in the ass out the door. Don’t let us down.”

“Lucid, I don’t want her hurt.”

Lucid kept his face straight even with his knowledge, it didn’t matter how careful the Prince was… But the prince wasn’t aware, Lucid and Vincent had kept the details quiet. He felt horrible for deceiving the Prince, but he had no choice. “Love is a battlefield son and she’s already conquered those. So get moving! Griever keep your distance from them, but stay in sight.”

“Yes sir.”

“Get moving!” Lucid commanded and the two men went out the door.

“He doesn’t know.”

“How do you know!?” Lucid asked hastily.

“I am a doctor, not only for humans, but Night Children as well. I’m not an idiot, but you are deceiving a twenty year old. He is merely a child.”

“Trust me, if it were up to me daughter, I would tell the prince.”

Alana looked up at her father, “I know you would, the King doesn’t want it known.”