The final chapter: Say hello wave goodbye

Of all the people in the world to bump into, I bump into the Avengers! Although I can't seem to get as excited considering what's just gone on but they are nonetheless the Avengers.

They're all here, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America, Bruce Banner and of course Iron Man (my brother is soooooo going to kill me)

They all look at me and I feel like an insect compared to them, but I feel a little bigger when I analyse them, they're all out of uniform and look like ordinary people, I don't feel so shy toward them now.

"Wow the Avengers"

"Technically we're missing one. Have you seen lighting rod?" Here's me striking up a conversation with Tony Stark, like ya do.

"Yeah I was talking to him... Can I ask why you're here" I shouldn't be so nosey but I can't help it, it's in my nature to ask questions.

"We were called to escort the rock of ages home, and I was just getting to enjoy a good game of pinball"

"I thought he wasn't being taken until tomorrow"

"He was, but apparently the psychiatrist finished early..." Steve Rodgers is talking to me! Eeeeekkk. As he speaks I start to look at the floor considering I am that psychiatrist "that's you isn't it? Oh god sorry if I sounded rude..."

"No no! It's ok, I ran out actually"

Natasha stepped forward "why?" I didn't want to answer but I didn't want to sound rude either, I went to speak but Thor saved me.

"He said some rather vicious things" he put his hand on my shoulder again and my ankles felt like tooth picks under his weight.

Tony must have seen my discomfort when he stepped forward and took Thor's arm from my shoulder "don't worry I know how it feels, ever had a fight with this guy?"

"Can't say I have"

"He's got a mean headbutt" Thor's face was confused as Tony nudged his side.

"I think you guys should get going" Fury came up behind us and broke the conversation "nows the perfect time for tesseract traveling" he meant it as a joke but no one really found it funny.

"Sir the council are on" Maria Hill an old friend of mine informed Fury.

"I'll be right there" he turned back to the Avengers "make sure nothing goes wrong"

Obediently Steve lead the way and shook my hand, I would faint but that would be weird, each of the Avengers shook my hand as they passed and headed toward the room where Loki was concealed, I watched them walk down the office and into the elevator then they were gone. I no longer had a reason to stay here.

I was about to go to the black car, when I heard the main door open and close, I was reluctant to turn at first but my body didn't pay any attention to my mind and turned anyway. They are dragging Loki into a van which I guess is a special arms one or whatever they're called. The driver gets out and opens the doors on the back of the van for Loki to get in, I recognise him as Dr Eric Selvig from the news papers. Once Loki was in and cuffed to the floor of the van, each Avenger got into or onto his own mode of transport. I love Tonys car! Sorry I'll stop fangirling now. Wow who would have thought, me, a fangirl.

I got into the car quickly and demanded the driver follow them, I had to lie to get the driver to move. I told him as his psychiatrist they wanted me to be there to do a little further evaluating. For a S.H.E.I.L.D agent he is the definition of a drip. Slowly the car pulles out of the parking space, and I know the driver can feel how anxious I am.

As the van pulls up in Central Park I ask the driver to park so we're out of their view, by now I'm guessing the driver has caught on that I'm not supposed to be here. Without putting his queries straight I get out quickly before he has the chance to drive off, not far away the back of the van is opening and a tall dark figure steps out onto the bridge. Still concealing myself I'm watching as Thor tugs him to the centre of the bridge. The rest of the Avengers join them as Eric Selvig fiddles about with a blue cube in a silver case as Thor bids his new friends farewell.