Chapter 1: A short introduction

Lila's P.O.V

Relentlessly the light shone through my window as morning came. It crept through a gap in the curtains, embracing me and blinding me. I lye patiently awaiting the alarm to go off, I refuse to move until I hear the ear piercing beep. When it came I hit the snooze button and drag my wilting body out of my bed, dragging my feet as I make way to the bathroom. As I come to the door of the bathroom I yawn and feel as if I could suck in the whole apartment. Propping myself up on the sink I look dazed into the mirror.

My hair is knotted and my eyes are blood shot, I rub them and yawn again opening the mirror cabinet and fumbling for the toothpaste. I take my tooth brush from a cup on the side of the sink and squeeze out what is left in the anorexic tube, after splashing it under the water I quickly brush my teeth. I spat into the sink and wiped my mouth with my pyjama sleeve.

When I was young I dressed as a princess and sipped at my tea with my pinkie finger in the air, women would compliment me in the supermarket as I held the basket for my mother 'oh she's so well mannered' 'oh how sweet' I even offered the till women to let me scan the groceries for her but she insisted she do it. Now look at me, I dribble my coffee and wipe it away with my white sleeves as on lookers puke when I smile at them with cake in my teeth, I live in a grotty apartment with my lazy arse brother while I trail of to work in a coffee shop.

Now I had begun taming my dark wild hair and then I can grab some clothes from the small rickety wardrobe. Before I leave I kick my brother in the side to wake him up but he simply rolls over and continues snoring. Leaving the apartment I can see that the sky is grey and can feel the rain spitting over me, I'd forgotten to buy a new umbrella and raincoats aren't for me, so I guess I'm getting soaked. I am wearing a black pencil skirt which is actually quite tight now that I think about it, a white blouse and black blazer, my hair is in a bun with loose strands hanging in front of my face, my glasses and black heels... I basically look like someones secretary, but I am going to S.H.I.E.L.D, you have to look generic and plain most of the time. But, nobody really cares about what they are wearing anymore, the New York tragedy is what's on everybody's mind, it happened just a day ago and mainly happened in mid town Manhattan, me and my brother live not too far from there, and I only ever go in that area for shopping, admittedly I did hope to see Iron man fly by.

My brother is quite literally Tony Stark... Or Iron man's, biggest fan, he has action figures, t- shirts, posters, the lot, even though he's a grown man. I'm telling you, you should have seen his fan boy reaction when he saw Iron man lift the warhead into that hole in the sky, I don't know what it was exactly, the news didn't say much, and all the papers are printing is about the man that started this all and the men who finished it.

I would have loved to interview one of them... One of the Avengers, but S.H.I.E.L.D thought that my talents would go better on the man that started it all, the man they call Loki.