10 Bands - Ooohh dear!

Top 10 bands...Really? Does it have to be bands? Don’t get me wrong, I love music but I find that I just tend to like the song rather than the band behind the music. A lot of the time, I prefer the covers. Okay, to make it easy, I’ll break the rule a bit by giving my top 10 music artists...and some bands.

1. The Piano Guys - consists of Jon Schmidt (pianist) and Steven Nelson Sharp (cellist). They make wonderful covers of popular songs. Check out their “Love Story Meets Viva La Vida”, Disney’s “Frozen” (Let It Go) mashed with Antonio Vivali’s “Four Seasons: Winter”, Pachebel’s “Canon in D” meets U2’s “Without You”. They even made One Direction respectable with their version of “What Makes You Beautiful”.

2. Side A - A popular band from the Philippines. You have to listen to “Forevermore”. So beautiful. David Archleta made a cover of this.

3. Michael Bublé - Mmmm crooning voice. Well, he’s not exactly a band. I did say I was breaking the rules by mentioning artists.

4. Jon McLaughlin - He’s the man behind Disney’s “Enchanted” song, So Close. He even inspired me to use his last name for my main man in my story, Losing Cinderella.

5. Kurt Schneider & Sam Tsui - Both musical geniuses! You should view their creative covers of popular songs.

6. MYMP (Make Your Momma Proud) - Another Philippine band. I love soothing voices and not these crap belters (if you ask me, it’s more shouting than it is singing).

7. Gregorian (Masters of Chant) - Love listening to their version of “Tears in Heaven”.

8. Pentatonix - Fantastic and versatile acapella group from the US. Their stint at Sesame Street was adorable! *sings* C is for Cookiiieeee....

9. J Rabbit - They’re a Korean duo. They have English covers. Though their diction is not that good, I’m impressed with their musical arrangements.

10. Andy Lange, Chester See, Andrew Garcia, Josh Golden - Very talented group of boys. When they do collaborations...Bloody fantastic!