Ten Books - I Got Tagged Yet Again!

I got tagged yet again! This time, list 10 books that have touched, influenced, and/or made an impact on me in some way. So, the rules are that you do the same if you are one of the 10 I have tagged. Then you pass this on as well to 10 other people by tagging them. Don’t forget to dedicate it to the one who’s tagged you so they can read what you’ve written. I think this is a nice ice breaker to get to know those you have met in this wonderful world of Wattpad!  

1. THE GIFT OF ACABAR, Og Mandino & Buddy Kaye 

“It is not necessary that you be wealthy or famous or a genius in order to fulfill your own destiny. All that is asked is that you use whatever gifts you have to the best of your ability. If your skill is with a hammer, build! If you have a knack with a hoe, plant! If you are happy on the water, fish! If a pen does your bidding, write!” 

2. GRIFFIN & SABINE: AN EXTRAORDINARY CORRESPONDENCE, Nick Bantock

This is one of the most unique forms of storytelling I’ve ever experienced. Nick Bantock not only shows his literary prowess but his exquisite art. By literally opening envelopes and unfolding letters, the reader experiences the correspondence between Griffin and Sabine. It’s like Daddy Long Legs in terms of storytelling through correspondence, but more involved.

3. THE MASTER OF THE GAME, Sydney Sheldon

I actually love all of Sheldon’s books. This is not including The Naked Face and The Stranger in the Mirror though because I thought those two sucked. Anyway, I find that his stories are so well-thought of and intricately-woven that they are so compelling and engaging.

4. WRONG WAY ROMANCE, Sheri Cobb South

This is one of the many Sweet Dreams teen romances I read when I was in high school and one of my favourites. Mention the title to my high school batch and everyone would know about it. Even after decades, I hunted this book down until I’m finally a proud owner of this copy. 

5. OF MICE AND MEN, John Steinbeck

It’s been a while since I’ve read this but I do remember the end, which I won’t spoil for anyone who hasn’t read it. One of the great classics that anyone shouldn’t miss.

6. THE FOURTH WISE MAN, Henry Van Dyke

We’ve heard the story of the 3 Wise Men. What if there was a 4th? 

7. THE CATCHER IN THE RYE, J.D. Salinger  

Remember child-like innocence?

8. REMEMBER ME, Christopher Pike

Another author from my childhood. I love all his books but I’ll put this one because this is the very first book I’ve read from his collection. After reading it, I had to get all of his titles. 

9. HOCUS POCUS, Kurt Vonnegut

 "To virtually all of his idiosyncrasies I, after much thought, have applied what another author once told me was the most sacred word in a great editor’s vocabulary. That word is ‘stet.’”

As a writer, wouldn’t you just love to have an editor who has kept that word sacred?

10. FRUITS BASKET, Natsuki Takaya

I just have to add this among my favourite titles. I think everyone should watch the series of this! It’s very entertaining. However, the story has more depth and mystery so the book version is a must-read!