Chapter 2

-(Y/n) POV-

I managed to catch up with the second battalion of the French revolutionary army. For a battalion this big they sure do move pretty fast. Thanks to that, all of us catch up with General Gilles's army. Unfortunately, General Gilles's army is under attack by some monster that looks like a dragon. Wait, no. That's not a dragon. They are too small for a dragon. It must be a Wyvern. When they see their comrades are in trouble the second battalion commander then ordering his man to charge at the Wyvern. 

"Everyone, Charge!" He shouts drawing his sword and charges forward, all of his men followed.

I look around and saw that Gilles are in trouble. He too focused on the enemy in front of him. I see that one of the Wyverns is going to attack him from behind. I dash forward drawing my sword and charge at the Wyvern. I jump at it and give the Wyvern head a vertical slash. The Wyvern screams in pain and drops to the ground. Without giving it a single chance to act I stab its brain killing it for good. I then look behind me and see that Gilles is also finished with his part. He looks at me and realizes that I just save his life. He nods as a sign of thanks. Suddenly another group of Wyvern comes and attacks everyone again.

After a good amount of battle, Gilles came to me and said, "Nyx! I need you to do me a favor!"

"A favor!? You know is not really a good time right?" I finished while blocking another Wyvern attack in front of me.

"I don't think this battle will end soon. We can hold it down here, but I don't think the first battalion will manage to hold their ground!" He then gives the lizard monster another kick in the head.

"First battalion?"

"Yeah, the battalion that we are supposed to aid. Thanks to this lizard we cannot proceed any further to help them. They just at our north not too far ahead. I want you to go and aid them there. Buy them some time before we can clear this and come to them!" He orders me.

"You ask me? Some mere traveler to go there alone and buy them some time? For real!?" I raised an eyebrow.

Gilles then stabs another Wyvern in the head while looking at me. He gives me a serious look on his face and said, "Nyx, or whatever your name is. I know you're not some mere traveler. I know that you lie about your identity and I know that you're a good person. "

"I'm? A good person?"

"Yes. You choose to spare my life. You have an outstanding fighting ability. I see it first hand. You fight this monster like a walk in the park while all of us struggling with our life. Please, Help us!"

I then smirk and said, "So you know, eh?" 

Suddenly three Wyvern charge at me at the same time from behind, but unfortunately for them, I know that their coming. I jump at one of the Wyverns in the middle landing on its head stabbing its left eye making it scream and scratch its surrounding, using its claw he damages the other two Wyverns. I pull out my sword and stab its head penetrating the brain. I jump to the rest of the Wyvern finishing them with ease. 

"Sorry, what did you said again about an outstanding fighter? I can not really hear you well with all this dead Wyvern sound." I finish with another smirk. "But, yes. I will help you. After all, I need to pay up for that food in the camp and this sword." 

"Speaking of a sword, you need this." Gilles tosses his sword for me to catch.

I catch it with my left hand, "You give me your sword? for what?"

"Just show them this sword and they will know that I send you. Good luck."

I then walk leaving the battlefield, but before I go I look back at Gilles and said, "The name is (Y/n) Lucis Caelum. Remember that. The name of your hero!" I smirk and dash off to where the first battalion is.