Chapter 3

Author's Note: If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills as a writer.  

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 3

BLACK_VIKING

[Authenticated. Connecting]

G13: Operation Black Viking is inactive.

G13: Who is this?

BO2:

G13: Intel reported $ KIA

BO2: Don't believe everything you read

BO2: Kingfish is still in play. $ out

--- --- --- --- ---

The Loyalist safehouse was located in the poor district of Bamako, Mali in Africa. The climate was hot and humid and the soldiers inside the building were already sweating profusely with their gear stuck to their skin. The safehouse was modest, nothing special; a basic kitchen, the living room was turned into a communications room with various laptops and a television to follow the news. Upstairs one finds a room with a few beds usually used for the injured where Soap is lying down in one of them and the other rooms with rusty bunk beds and some very uncomfortable mattresses on the floor. There were also bathrooms with multiple showers in them.

"Nikolai, are you sure we're safe here?" asked Price, looking out of the window.

"I hope so because I am sick of running around," said Allen.

Price turned around and beamed as he saw three women put their weapons down in the corner and walk up to him.

"I thought I told you to stay somewhere safe," he glared at them.

"If we had followed your orders, you would probably be dead by now," said Daniels getting a glass of water from the kitchen.

"And judging by your bruised up face, it looks like you needed all the help you could get."

"How is Captain MacTavish?" asked Red.

"He is resting upstairs."

"What happened exactly?" asked Allen.

"Stab wound in the abdomen. Shepherd's work."

"Bastard..."

"What about Shepherd?" Daniels asked calmly.

"Dead."

There was a terrible silence and tension hanging in the air.

"Good riddance," said Allen interrupting the silence. "Price, introduce us to your new friend over there."

Yuri was leaning against the wall while the other Loyalists were tapping away on the laptops. He turned around and observed the women. They were all lean, toned and of average height. From how they behaved they looked like soldiers and very well trained when he thought about their sniping skills.

Price motioned him to come over and he walked slowly towards them. One of them was eyeing him hungrily but the other two put a poker face on. They showed no emotions and he sensed that they did not trust him.

"This is Yuri," said Price. "He's ex-Spetsnaz and he will help us eliminate Makarov."

"Nice to meet you, Yuri. I am Sergeant Clare Daniels, United States Marine."