━━━ 𝐓𝐖𝐎

❛  𝚗𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚐𝚒𝚌  ❜
ᵃ ᶜᵃʳᵒˡ ᵈᵃᶰᵛᵉʳˢ ᶠᶤᶜ ᵇʸ ˢᵉᵇˢᵗᵃᶰ

✧ ✦ ✧

NICK groaned as he slowly awoke from his short slumber, his head instantly throbbing. He reached up, wincing when his left eyebrow was cut with blood running down the side of his face. He turned his head, seeing Holly bent forward, head resting on the wheel.

"Holly?" he whispered, gently pushing her shoulder. When there was no response, he started to panic internally. "Holly." he nudged again before pushing her back into her seat. She flopped back, head twisting towards him.

"O'Neil!" he finally shouted, making Holly jerk up with a scream.

Holly cried out before wincing too, falling back into her seat with a pained groan. Reaching up, she touched her temple. Pulling back her fingers, she sighed when her blood coated the pads of her fingertips. "Great..."

"You okay?" Nick asked sympathetically, touching her shoulder. Holly nodded with a smile, gently massaging her other temple which wasn't injured. Upon asking him the same question, Nick nodded before glancing behind the two. "What are we gonna do about our friend here?"

"I say just ditch him?" Holly suggested, checking the various cuts around her face in the rearview mirror. She turned to him. "Unless you have any more marvellous ideas brewing?"

Nick shook his head, taking off his jacket, throwing it over the alien, and exiting the damaged vehicle with Holly.

They looked around, seeing people start to come forward towards the crowd. Nick and Holly shared a look, nodding once at each other. They both pulled out their badges and SHIELD ID cards, holding them up to the public. "Official SHIELD activity," Nick said with authority. "Stay back."

"ALL life on Earth, is carbon-based. Not this guy. Whatever he runs on...is not on the periodic table." the medical examiner informed, standing over the alien's body.

"You're saying he's not from around here?" Nick asked, holding an ice pack over his injured left eye.

"I was thinkin' he was from Vegas or Texas, or something..." Holly remarked sarcastically. She sat near the wall, her own ice pack resting in her lap. "I heard folks from there are wild."

Nick gave her a deadpanned look with one eye before turning back to the examiner.

"Hey, how's your eye?" he asked, holding an organ from the alien, which Holly cringed at.

Nick lowered the ice pack, blinking a few times. "I'd say fine. But it can't believe what it's seen."

"You said...this thing looked like Coulson?" Kellers asked, walking up to Nick whilst adjusting his glasses.

"Talked like him too." Nick added.

"And the woman said there were...more?" Kellers said uneasily.

"The word she used was infiltration." Nick corrected.

"You believed her?" Kellers continued, glancing at Holly. Holly slowly raised her icepack, touching it to her cheek as she avoided his eye contact.

"Not till I saw this." Nick replied, nodding down at it but never looking away.

Kellers sighed. "What's your plan?"

"Find Blockbuster Girl. I got word of a motorcycle thief who fit her description. If she can tell us why these lizards are here, maybe she can tell us how to kick 'em to the curb..." Nick responded, finally looking down at the dead Skrull.