━━━ 𝐎𝐍𝐄

❛ 𝚗𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚐𝚒𝚌 ❜
ᵃ ᶜᵃʳᵒˡ ᵈᵃᶰᵛᵉʳˢ ᶠᶤᶜ ᵇʸ ˢᵉᵇˢᵗᵃᶰ

✧ ✦ ✧

     "WHERE are my keys?" Nick wondered out loud, patting his pant pockets. Phil looked at him, the usual grim and unreadable expression upon his youthful face.

Holly ambled up next to him, dressed in loose-fitting mom jeans, a thick black belt and a white tee. Around her torso, she wore a fitted leather jacket. Holding up her hand, the keys to Fury's car was hung on her index finger. She smirked. "I'll drive."

Nick frowned; the expression very familiar with her. "Give me back my keys, Holly."

"Please, Nick–"

"Fury." Nick corrected, deadpanning. "And, you need to change."

Holly's brows pulled together as she glanced down at her outfit. "What's wrong with it? It's comfy, yet stylish."

Nick sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Just give me the damn keys, O'Neil."

"Oh, so we're on a last name basis? I see how it is..." Holly said, pretending to be offended. Nick opened his mouth when Phil walked up to the two.

"We really should be leaving."

With Holly distracted, Nick snatched the keys off her finger before making his way to the car. Holly glared after the two men, before reluctantly following.

     HOLLY was the last to exit the car, never taking her eyes off the smashed-in Blockbuster store. Shifting her weight to one leg, she sighed. "I really liked this place."

Nick took his place beside her, his own sunglasses resting on his nose. Holy slipped off her Aviators, tucking them inside her jacket pocket. Phil made his way over next. He pointed off to a nearby phone booth, seeing a woman with shoulder-length blonde hair, wearing a teal and black body suit.

Holly and Nick sparred a glance at one another before making their way over, their strides in sync.

"What do you think it is this time?" Holly wondered, glancing up at the man. Nick shrugged, not looking back at her.

"You never know, O'Neil."

They reached the phone booth and Nick reached up, knocking on the glass. The woman's head jerked up before she turned to give the two a cocky look.

"Excuse me, Miss." Nick said politely, taking off his sunglasses. You could hear the hint of sarcasm that hid beneath his voice. He pulled back one flap of his jacket, tucking his glasses away. "Do you know anything about a lady blowing a hole through the roof of that Blockbuster over there?" he jutted a thumb over his shoulder, making the woman look. "Witness' say she was dressed for laser tag."

The woman had her own sense of sarcasm, as she looked around the area, sighing as if she suddenly remembered. "Oh, yeah, I think she went that way." she pointed over her own shoulder before moving around the two.

Holly stepped in her way, frowning. The foreign woman shot her look, to which Holly gave it right back. Nick took out his badge, holding it up for her to read. Joining the two was a police officer and Phil. "Uh, I'd like to ask you some questions. Maybe, give me the 411 on the late night dropbox." Nick smiled widely, something that was rare. "Can I see some identification, please?"

"Vers, Kree Star-force," Vers said with authority. "We don't carry our identification on little cards."

"Vers!" Nick exclaimed, moving to block her again when she tried to leave. "Star-force... How long you plannin' on being in town?"