Home

The horrors weren't over until they got out of tunnels. They had just discovered that the train would derail as if the self-destruct wasn't enough. None of them knew how to operate a train, much less stop one. Claire did the best she could, but the train wasn't slowing down at all. There was no choice but to jump out of it as soon as they left the tunnels. It definitely wasn't the best idea, but it was either that or death. The light was streaming in quick, meaning they were near the exit. Leon quickly opened the train car door as they braced themselves. Claire hurriedly got a hold of Sherry.

"NOW!" Leon yelled over the wind.

All of them jumped out and landed hard on the sand. The train crashed and burned. Claire immediately checked if Sherry was alright. Sherry only had a scraped knee, but otherwise, she was fine. She giggled happily as she hugged Claire. On the other hand, Juliet had landed on top of Leon who broke her fall. She started to get up, but she couldn't fight the feeling any longer. Without hesitation, she bent down and kissed him hard. Leon closed his eyes as wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her back down. They only parted when Claire cleared her throat. Leon and Juliet chuckled, but they were still staring into each other's eyes. Leon sat up, with Juliet still on his lap as she put her arms around his neck. Leon smirked mischievously before kissing her again, this time more intimate as he pulled her closer. Claire rolled her eyes at the two before guiding a bashful Sherry away to give the two some privacy. The kiss felt like it went on forever. When they moved away from each other, they felt breathless and almost empty, wanting to feel more of each other.

"You have no idea... how long I've been wanting to do that, Juliet," Leon admitted, smiling gleefully as he rested his forehead on hers.

She laughed. "Feeling's mutual, Romeo."

They finally got up and dusted their pants. They held onto each other's hands as they made their way to Claire and Sherry, this time lacing their fingers. Claire made a knowing look at Juliet, who smiled back and held Leon's hand up. Claire snorted, happy that her best friend had finally found the one.

"So what now?" Sherry asked as the four of them walked along the dusty road.

"Get home and take a long shower," Claire and Juliet said at the same time, laughing afterwards as they called each other out for jinxing.

"Well, we can do whatever we want since it's all over," Leon said next. "And if the virus is still out there, we'll do whatever we can to make sure we stop it."

All of them nodded their head, silently agreeing with him. They had just gotten out of an apocalypse and they're sure as hell not stepping into another one anytime soon, but the feeling of freedom and safety never felt that good. While they walked down the long road home, they joked and laughed without fear or worry.

Three days later, Juliet was curled up in her bed as she stifled a yawn. She felt movement beside her before a pair of strong arms enveloped her body. She giggled and faced the handsome stranger in her bed who looked back at her with dreamy eyes.

"I don't want you to go," Leon mumbled, looking away from her.

She let out a long sigh as she played with his hair. "I know, but I can't wait any longer to release the huge stories on Chief Irons and the Umbrella Corporation."

He nodded slowly, tracing soft kisses down her neck. She cradled him closer and felt his warmth. Leon was the best thing she ever had despite only knowing him for three days. She couldn't bear the thought of leaving him.

"Besides, you've been scouted by the US-STRATCOM. Isn't it an amazing opportunity? Rookie police officer to secret agent," she continued.

"I don't know... I'll be gone for a long time."

"Seriously, Leon. You should definitely take it up. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity," she encouraged him.

At this, he finally looked back at her. "Claire's gone off to find her brother. Sherry's been taken in for custody. You're going back to Cali for this huge scoop, and I'm heading to military base camp. We're all going our separate ways. It'll be a while before I get to meet any of you."

"I know, Leon, I know. But we'll still meet each other, no doubt."

"Will you wait for me? Even when I'm gone?" Leon asked genuinely, wanting honest answers from the girl he fell head over heels for.

There was no hesitation in her answer. "Forever and always."

Leon pulled her in for a kiss. They stayed in each other's arms for a long time, trying to memorise each other's features.

After a while, Leon finally spoke, "I know you'll do amazing things on your own. I just wanted to let you know that I'm proud of you and everything you've done. You're the strongest woman I've ever met. I won't be there physically for you, but I'll always watch over you. I promise."

"Is that a Kennedy promise?"

"It's a Kennedy promise," he assured, giving her one final kiss. In a soft whisper, he said, "I love you, Juliet."

"I love you too, Leon."

End

[Check out the Amara Rollins series:

'All Of You' featuring Piers Nivans

and 'Got Smoke?' featuring Luis Sera on my profile]