Can I?

21.03.19
This story is dedicated to my sweet, funny and caring friend EgyptianWerewolf14
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 
(Didn't see that coming, did ya?)
May you have an aca-mazing day, celebrated by your friends and family.

My friend here also writes stories. They revolve around Yu-Gi-Oh, Voltron, Seduce Me and a non-fanfic. So if that sounds interesting, please give them a try.

—————————————

Chloe's P.O.V.
"Good morning," Beca greets me when I enter the class.
"Morning Babe," I answer smiling, leaning down and pecking her lips. "You've had a good weekend?"
"Yeah. Until Sunday night when I realised it was over."
I laugh. It's typical Beca.

"Good morning class, find your laptops," our teacher says, as she enters the classroom. "As you may remember, you have to make a presentation about one of the United States till next Monday. Individually."
"Uhhrg no, I hate the United States! I don't know anything about them!" Beca immediately says.
"No Babe, stop saying that! You just have to learn a little about a state and present what you remember. You can do that," I say.
"No I can't! I can't do anything properly on my own!" Beca whisper-shouts.
"Of course you can. Just choose the state we live in. You know that one."
"No I don't know anything about it! And I suck at presentations. I suck at everything!" She says frustrated.
Here we go again. Another day, another I can't. Normally we'd work together. I'd guide her through our work and let her do stuff to show her what she's capable of. But no matter how much she achieves, she keeps on saying I can't. It's really sad actually. If she just thought about the things for 5 more minutes and believed in herself, she could come so far! But she keeps shutting herself down. I know she can do it. She may not get an A, but if she really tries she can at least get a D. I'm 100% sure.
"Babe look at me," I demand. She looks me in the eyes.
"You do in no way suck at everything! Just listen to your mash-ups. They're fantastic!"
"That's also the only thing I can do fantastic," she murmurs sullen. I sigh. "Listen: Things may be hard, but they're not impossible. And everyone sucks at something. I, for example, suck at making mash-ups. The only thing I can mash up is potatoes!" That makes Beca laugh. It's good to see her smile, it makes me happy. "Okay, lets make a deal. You go read everything you can find about our state and write the important stuff down. When you're done with that, I will help you put it together to a presentation. Alright?"
"Alright," she sighs. "But how do I know whether it's important or not?"
"Things such as population, area, environment and so on are important. Just do your best, that's the most important thing."
"Fine, I'll try."
I smile. I know she can do it.

Next Monday

Beca's P.O.V.
"Beca your turn," our teacher.  calls.
I look nervously at Chloe.
"It's okay, just do your best," she smiles supportingly at me. I smile back. I'm so grateful to have her in my life. If it wasn't for her, my presentation would never have been finished.
I go up to the front of the class and take a deep breath. Then I begin my presentation.

"...and that was all I had about our state. Thank you for listening, especially you Chloe!" I smile widely at her and make my way back to my seat. The whole class claps, and I can't help but feel proud. I know we always have to clap when someone has presented, but this is different. It's me they're clapping for. Not me and a group who basically made the whole presentation. Only me.
"I'm so proud of you Babe!!" Chloe hugs me tightly before giving me a quick kiss. "It was clear that you really tried your best and it was so good!"
"Nah it wasn't that good," I say.
"Wasn't that good? Excuse me?! You did great!"
"Aww, thank you."
"No problem," she says smiling, and embraces me in another hug. "I'm so glad you tried and not gave up."
"Me too," I say relieved.
I can't stop thinking about, what would have happened, if I didn't do it. I wouldn't have stood here. I wouldn't be bursting with pride and joy. The whole class wouldn't have clapped at my presentation. But I did it, and I'm so proud of myself!!