EPILOGUE

SAGE'S POV

"Sage, what are you doing? You're not supposed to see me, it's bad luck!" Angel exclaimed, darting around the corner. I neared him, and he must've heard my steps because he called out again. "No! Don't come over here!" I chuckled, stopping just before I rounded the corner.

"I won't. Just..." I reached out for his hand around the wall. It was quiet a while before his fingers slid through mine, and I smiled softly.

"We're getting married today," he whispered after another beat of silence, and my smile widened.

"We're getting married today."

"Am I stupid for wishing they were here?" I paused, eyebrows furrowing for only a moment before I understood.

"Your parents?" I asked knowingly.

"Sometimes, I just wish things would've gone differently..." I wanted to kiss him. I sighed softly. "It's dumb. Forget it," he mumbled, hand tugging in an attempt to let go of mine. I frowned.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I rounded the corner and stood before him.

"Hey—! Oh." I sighed.

"I know I can't see you, but... it's not stupid. You know I get it." He took my other hand in his and squeezed them both. "But let's just focus on the people who are here. They just want us to be happy, no matter what. Right?"

"Right," he whispered. He rose to my lips, pecking them lightly. "Alright, now go get ready. We have a wedding to attend," he teased. It was a split second before he was releasing my hands and jogging down the hall. I kept my eyes closed until the door clicked shut.

"You can open your eyes now!" I grinned, letting my eyes flutter open. I went back down the hall, to the room where Ben and Leo were waiting for me.

When I got into the room, Ben and Leo were joking around, laughing with each other.

Ben was our officiator. Leo took the role as my best man, Carlos was Angel's, and Terry was the ring bearer and maid of honor rolled into one. Tommy had the honor of walking Angel down the aisle and giving him away.

"You two are next," I teased, smiling.

"Next year in July, actually," Ben informed me. I turned to them.

"You picked a date?" They both nodded with smiles.

"July third. You're the first to know." I grinned, hugging the two of them.

"We're like... grown ups." They laughed.

"It feels like yesterday you were walking in on me dancing in my underwear and sunglasses," Leo chuckled. I laughed loudly, eyes alive and bright.

I continued to prepare, and Ben helped me with my hair. Leo helped me to fix my tie, and once I was all ready, they stepped back, looking me over.

"Well? How do I look?" I asked nervously, and they exchanged a look. "What? What is it?"

"You look amazing, Sage," Ben told me, grinning. Leo's eyes were filling with tears, and I groaned, smiling nonetheless.

"Leo, don't cry. This—" I grunted as I was cut off by Leo's arms crushing my diaphragm when he yanked me in for a hug.

"Babe, I think he needs air," Ben said, laughing a little, though his eyes were a bit glassy, as well. Leo released me, and they both watched as I took in a deep breath of air.

"You're getting married," Leo said, his eyes widening. I smiled softly, nodding.

"I am," I said back, and this time, they both hugged me tightly, but I hugged back, taking in every moment as it came to me.