Everything

SAGE'S POV

The next morning, Angel and I lie in my bed, my arm around his waist as he rested on my chest. After showering and changing when we woke, we decided to stay in and relax. We needed a mental break.

Angel slid his fingers through mine, smiling to himself as he did so.

That's when a thought occurred to me.

"Angel?" He hummed in response, his attention still on our fingers. "What happened with you and Drake? Why did you break up?" I wondered. His movements stopped, hit body tensing.

Okay, so I hit a nerve.

"I'm sorry, you don't have to—"

"He cheated on me," he answered casually, sitting up and facing me as he fiddled with his fingers. My lips parted and I sat up, as well, staring at him. "He... He was just always so frustrated because he was ready to take the next step... physically. I wasn't... I guess he just got bored with me." I stared at him.

"Did you love him?" He let out a throaty laugh, his eyes moving around the room.

"I thought I did... but I mean, everyone thinks they've found 'the one' at eighteen, so... no, I didn't..." I nodded, quiet for a moment.

"I'm sorry," is all I could think of to say. "Sorry, that was stupid." He chuckled.

"Don't be sorry... I just wasn't enough for him," he shrugged. My eyes saddened and I tilted his chin up to look at me.

"You're enough for me. You're everything to me." He smiled softly. "I mean that." I kissed him gently, and he leaned into me, moving to my lap.

His hands carded through my hair while his teeth tugged my lower lip. We fell back on the bed, him hovering above me. My hands rested comfortably on his waist, his hands placed lazily on the nape of my neck, holding me still.

I flipped us over and he giggled. I was mesmerized as I watched his eyes meet mine through his eyelashes.

"You look like a dream," I whispered absentmindedly, and his cheeks reddened as he kept his eyes on mine. He sat up a little, guiding my hands to the hem of his shirt. I obliged, removing his top and lying him back down.

I kissed his lips twice more, moving to his jaw. I kissed down his neck slowly, and his breath hitched in his throat. I smiled against his skin, moving my lips to his collarbone.

I kissed down his chest and his hands went to my hair, gripping it softly.

"Sage," he breathed, and I sat up, meeting his eyes.

"Yes?"

"I love you."

**

Hours later, Angel and I headed into the living room. Leo trailed out a few moments after, plopping onto the couch next to us, ignoring our stares.

"What's wrong?" Angel asked, glancing at me. Leo sighed deeply.

"I miss Ben." I chuckled.

"You just saw him this morning... and he's supposed to be back any minute now." He sighed.

"Still... I like being around him." Angel gnawed on his lip for a moment while he stared at Leo, then he sat up. When Leo noticed his gaze, he rolled his eyes.

"I know, I'm a big mushy crybaby—"

"No, no, that's not it. It's just... how long have you two been together?" Angel inquired. I knitted my eyebrows together, wondering what he was getting at.

Leo sat up some. "A bit over a year, why?"

"Do you guys have any... plans?" Leo's face softened as realization hit him. Meanwhile, I was at a loss.

"Plans?" I echoed.

"Well, I don't know," Leo said, disregarding my question, his eyes nervous. "Are we supposed to have plans?"

"What are we talking about?" I asked again.

"I mean, I'm not sure. When do people start making those plans?" Angel asked, and Leo shrugged.

"Hello?" I snapped. They both turned me as if they just realized I was there. "What the hell are you guys talking about?" Angel rolled his eyes, chuckling.

"He means, like... marriage plans." I nodded slowly, but when it sunk and I processed it, my eyes widened.

"Marriage?" I spoke, mouth falling open.

"I mean, I love him. I know I love him. And I want to be with him forever," Leo admitted, blushing. I tilted my head to the side.

"Don't you think it's a little too soon?" I asked. Leo's eyes flashed with something I didn't recognize. Angel sent me a sharp look and I shook my head with a What did I do? look.

"Well, I mean... we don't have to get married tomorrow," he mumbled.

"Who's getting married tomorrow?" Ben asked suddenly, appearing in the living room. Leo's body froze, his eyes widening.

"No one," he said quickly. Ben narrowed his eyes at Leo as he stood, going on his tiptoes to kiss him. Ben's gaze was still questioning, so Angel spoke up quickly.

"We were just talking about, um... Terry and Carlos. They're talking about marriage." The moment the words were out of his mouth, I could see he immediately regretted them.

Ben, however, fell for it.

"Oh, really? Well, good for them. They're great together," Ben replied, wrapping his arms around Leo, who was peering up at him.

"Really?" Leo questioned. "You don't think it's too early?" Ben paused.

"How long have they been together?"

"A little over two years," Angel answered softly. Ben shrugged.

"I don't think it's too soon... Why, do you think it's too soon?"

"No... I was just wondering if you did..." Leo trailed off, averting his gaze from Ben's. He nodded, releasing Leo gently.

"I'm going to go change," he said briskly, disappearing from the room. Leo stared at us, pure fear plastered on his face.

"He probably knows and he's freaked out now," he whispered sharply. Angel looked up at me as well, his eyes pleading. I sighed.

"I'm sure he's fine... I'll go talk to him." Leo nodded, picking at his nails as he returned to the couch.

I knocked softly on Ben's door, entering after I heard a muffled 'Come in'. Ben was on his bed, face covered in sheer panic. When he saw me, he let out a deep breath.

"Oh... it's just you." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What's wrong?" I asked carefully, beginning to think he actually did know. He stared at me for a while before standing without saying a word, moving over to his desk.

I watched him curiously, narrowing my eyes a bit. He moved to stand directly in front of me, a small, black velvet bag in his hands. His eyes were uncertain, and he slowly undid the strings on the bag.

"Ben, what are... you...?" I slowly trailed off and my eyes widened at the sight; my heart actually skipped a beat. "No way." I met Ben's eyes with my wide green ones. He nodded silently, opening the small velvet box and revealing a gold wedding band. "Ben..." I covered my lips with my fingers, my hands a little shaky. "You're proposing."