Chapter 5

Keira's pov

My eyes snapped open. The foggy wind both froze my body and dampened my spirits more than they already are. I instantly felt frightened and defenceless. There probably wasnt anybody around. I decided to do a test to see if i had sensation in my arms, legs, fingers and toes etc... I couldnt move at all. Only my head, but it ached too much to even think about. My eyes were heavy with lac of sleep and the blurryness of the moon in the stars. It was nearly full. I tried to move but my clothes weighed me down, the coldness of the night was like a slap in the face and i was shuddering violently. The once warm woods that i used to love so much was now an arctic tundra..

After several minutes of pain enduring, i hear bushes rustling in the bush north of me. I didnt know what it was. I was utterly defencless. Just lying half in a ditch with no ability to move other than my head. I reluctantly moved my head towards the sound of the noise that startled me. I stared back at it. The big pair of yellow eyes that i saw in my dreams sometimes. I stalked away, probably because i wasnt interesting. I tried again to move, to my dismay i was still anchored to the ground. My shuddering got worse and fingers began to freeze up a little. I was able to move my hand now, i think it mightve been raining because my hands were in a big puddle, so were my feet, and weirdly my belly also. I licked my dry, chapped lips and i tasted something weird. Salty and a bit coppery or metallic, isnt that what they say blood tastes like. My stomach wrenched and something felt wrong. I needed something, or someone. I heard howling in the distance which put me at ease, kept me calm in a situation like this. I was too cold to even speak. So i decided a different tactic to get me noticed so i can get the hell out if this ditch. I started to howl. I put all my heart and soul into it and i thought i sounded quite good. But it took alot out of me and i found it more difficult to breathe. The memories came back, jimmy kicking me and punching me and then i ended up here. I found it difficult to breathe and my chest hurt. I started coughing and spluttering,until eventually i was....sick. I bet i looked attractive. I was breathing better after that but i still couldnt move, at all.

A few minutes past, i heard footsteps. Did someone actually hear me? I mustve howled loud because it only happened like 3 minutes ago. I smelt him before i saw him...well saw his feet. It was Rhydian. I think he was running. I never realised how bad my hearing was until i heard him call my name when he ran over to me

"Maddy maddy...maddy look at me......look at me please maddy" his voice was muffled but i could still hear his sorrow. I didnt realise how much i actually hurt until he gently placed his hands under my knees and around my arms and lifted me from the ground. I screamed in agony then my hearing returned as i heard him say clearly

"Shhh shh its okay maddy it okay" he whispered calmly into my ear but i could tell he was stressed. With every step he took i screamed and screamed

"Sush maddy youre going to be alright im here" he said his voice breaking. I think he was crying

"It hurts" i cried

"I know maddy" he sniffed "its okay im here" he comforted as he ran through the woods with me in his arms. I screamed all the way. Until the pain was too much and i passed out

Rhydians pov

I was sleeping. Dreaming about running free and wild with maddy but she didnt remember. She didnt remember me. But we were still running. Dodging the trees and swerving around the bushes. When she suddenly stopped right infront of me and i ran into her. Just like the time i first came here and she tried to stop me from leaving. We tumbled and tumbled when we finally stopped i was on top of her and staring into her golden eyes. Which had turned when we were falling. She laughed her cute little laugh and i fell for her all over again. Our eyes meet and almost so did our lips when i awoke from a howling. But this wasnt a howl from my dream it was a howl coming from the other side of the woods. It was Maddy, she was hurt. Badly. I hurled myself out of bed and jumped out of the window. I vaulted the gate which separated the woods from our back garden, and set out to find Maddy.