Chapter 7: Saving Private Shrek

"Come on! Stop bein' dead weight!" A higher-pitched voice grunted from behind him. Thanos slowly opened his eyes as he realized he was either hanging or being suspended from something.

Thanos looked up in shock to see that it was Jimmy who had just pulled him off the roof, and was holding onto his shirt. Chestplate. Whatever. "Come on!" He repeated, angrier this time. "While Sharpie's distracted! There's a window open down there. Think you can get in it?"

Thanos looked down until he could see a window a couple stories down that was open. "Uh...yeah, yeah, I can mak-"

"Go then." And then Jimmy flung Thanos at the window, making the purple man scream.

Thanos managed to get in the window fine, although he didn't really have to do much since he'd been thrown right at it. The fact that a small man like Jimmy was just able to throw Thanos in a window like that was a little bit freaky, but then again he was also able to teleport them there by speaking Russian. Perhaps he'd underestimated this "Jimmy" fellow...

Jimmy swung in the window after him, landing normally. Thanos grunted a little as he got up - he'd landed ungraciously in the carpeted hallway. "How...how did you-"

"Boyfriend first, questions later." Jimmy didn't offer to help Thanos up, of course, and instead started going down the hall, leaving the large purple man to catch up with him. He stopped when the hallway ended, leaving them in a big, open room.

"Your move, purple man." He stopped in the middle of the room, arms folded as Thanos slowly walked over to him, looking up and all around the large, open area. Hallways went everywhere - it was impossible to tell them apart.

Shrek? Where was Shrek?

Thanos closed his eyes and tried to concentrate. It had been so long since he'd felt Shrek's loving touch, and it was making his heart ache again.

Come on, come on...focus...

Thanos concentrated harder, until that sixth sense finally kicked in.

"There." Thanos stood up tall, pointing at a hallway to the left. "He's being held in there."

Jimmy stepped back, gesturing for Thanos to take the lead, which he gladly did. They went down the hallway in silence until they reached an iron door at the end. Thanos pulled at it, but it didn't budge.

Starting to panic, Thanos pulled and banged on the door repeatedly. "Shrek!!"

"Keep it down," Jimmy hissed, and Thanos noticed that he kept casting nervous glances over his shoulder.

"I can't!" Thanos pulled harder at the door. Shrek was in there, he was sure of it!

"Move," Jimmy grumbled, pushing Thanos aside. He stood in front of the door for a few seconds, glaring at it, then leaned back and flipped it off. He even gave it the doubles.