part i || 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐮𝐨

I hate bridges

I hate bridges.

I mean I get that the Brooklyn Bridge isn't likely to collapse at any moment but still, there's a chance. I glance up at the cables again and then glare at the back of a carefree Lucas.

Stupid, best friend just couldn't wait to get his doughnut.

I don't even remember there being any particular reason for my slight dislike towards bridges. I mean, I don't mind heights at all, and the idea of falling isn't that terrifying to me.

So why do I have a mental panic-attack every time I think of, you know, that.

"C'mon, Theo!" Lucas called over his shoulder. I shot him a look and stuck my tongue out at him. Real mature, I know, but he just flipped me off while rolling his eyes. 'Hurry up,' he mouthed. I sighed and started jogging to catch up with him.

"My grandma walks faster than you." He said once I caught up to him.

"You've never met your grandma dumbass," I said punching his arm.

"Touché."

✧✦✧

"Lucas, the sprinkles make it taste like garbage." I complained walking out of the shop. Apparently, me walking too slow means that he gets to choose which doughnuts we order.

"How dare you." He glared, moving the box away from me.

"Lucas!" I whined. I reached for the box and groaned when he lifted it above his head. I let out a dramatic sigh and gave him my best puppy dog eyes.

"I hate you," he said, handing me a chocolate, un-sprinkled doughnut. I snatched it from him and he snorted, grabbing another doughnut.

"Happy Birthday Theo." Lucas said before biting off a chunk of my doughnut.

✧✦✧

wc: 280