09

Omera

"Don't you ever feel like whenever you start getting happier things just mess up?" I say out loud with a a sigh, hugging the couch cushion. Maci curiously peers at me from the kitchen.

"What do you mean?" She questions, she came over to my apartment again to make me dinner. After the dinner with Ryan yesterday I honestly need Maci's company. Not that the dinner was bad, I just was overwhelmed with what's happening in my life.

"Like, I finally found someone who loves me and whom I love. Now all this drama with Dan happens. Why is this happening?" I ask. I don't expect Maci to have an answer because there is no answer.

"It's all really weird. It's like he knew you were getting married or something. The universe probably set it up." She shrugs, I inhale deeply and smile slightly at the smell at Maci's cooking, smells like Alfredo.

"Then the universe sucks," I sigh bringing the pillow to my face.

"But that is sort of weird, maybe you should find out why he's here." Maci advises to me, she seems to have finished up her cooking, she plates the food.

"Should I? Come here, let's text him." I say, sitting up on the couch and reaching for my phone.

"Really? This is so exciting, it's like we're detectives," Maci cheers as she rushes over with two plates of pasta.

"Detectives? Maci, you're so cute," I giggle as I grab one plate from her, she blushes slightly.

"Wow, you never fail to amaze me with your cooking," I compliment her as I take a bite of the shrimp Alfredo.

"I love cooking for you," she smiles. I look down at my phone and remember that the note I have is still in my purse. I reach to the floor and pull out the note, typing it into my phone.

"Hey, I know it's kind of awkward to ask but why did you come back?"

Nah.

"Listen why the hell did you come back right when I'm about to get married? That's so suspicious."

Too much.

"Go back to where you came from"

I mentally face palm.

"Just say 'hey' to him, nothing too much," Maci advises.

"Okay," I agree, slowly typing the word into my phone.

"Hey"

"I sent it," I say feeling an enormous amount of nerves take over me, I turn to bite my nails.

"Wow, he responded pretty fast," Maci says, I look down at my phone and sure enough there is a response from the unsaved number. I don't like how it looks so I save him under Dan.

Dan: Hey Omera

Maci grabs the phone from me and types rapidly.

Omera: I think we need to talk about things

"No Maci, he's going to think I actually want to talk to him." I protest.

"Don't you want to?" She raises an eyebrow, I look at her angrily and don't even want tot accept what she's saying. I continue eating the pasta Maci made and I hear her typing rapidly on my phone.

"Okay, it's done. I'll be leaving." Maci says as she puts her phone down next to her plate of untouched pasta,

"Leaving? Why?" I ask her, immediately standing up to follow her to the door. She slips on her shoes and grabs her purse.