04

Omera

Dinner wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be, Tia didn't speak to me and avoided the topics about the engagement. For most of the night, I was distracted by a whole lot of things; what to do with Dan's number, what to do about Tia, and if I really did deserve better as Maci said.

I feel a hand on my thigh and I turn to Ryan, he looks at me curiously, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine just have a lot on my mind," I explain to him, he respectfully removes his hand from my thigh and scoots his chair closer to me.

"If you want to leave then it's fine, I'll drive us home," he assures me, his eyes are filled with a bit of concern and care, it seems a bit too foreign to me.

I smile, "No, that would be rude to everyone here," I reason with him but he shakes his head.

"I care about you the most, I'm sure they'll understand if we have to leave. I don't want to force you to sit through this dinner if you don't want to." He says as he reaches over and grabs my hand.

"I love you," I reply but I'm not sure if I meant it in the way he thought I did, I have a lot of love for him but do I really love him? I don't know yet but I'm sure I will in the future.

"Dinner was great you guys but I think it's time we head off," Ryan explains to everyone as he wipes his mouth with a napkin.

"Oh come on, we still have to eat dessert." His brother protests. I look over at Tia who is completely unimpressed by me, it seems she knows that Ryan is leaving because of me.

Ryan chuckles, "Go on without us, I'm feeling a bit under the weather."

Jack, Ryan's old roommate, looks at me with a smile, "Oh so you're taking your fiancé too?"

I think he already forgot my name which makes me want to leave more. I bite my tongue and decide not to tell him my name. Ryan convinces everyone we have to leave and we say our goodbyes.

"It was wonderful to have you, Omera." Ryan's brother says to me as he gives me a big hug. He seems to actually like me unlike everyone else at the table.

"You too, Eddy." I smile at him as he releases me from the hug.

"Call me Ed," he smirks as he hands me a tiny paper. I take a look and see it's his card with his number on it.

I found it a bit weird but it's Ryan's brother so I decide not to comment.

-

Omera: Hey, long time no see :)

Phil: You just disappeared on me

Omera: I know how that feels :/

Phil: yikes

Omera: Anyways, coffee???

Phil: I'll make some, come over and kill this spider for me

Omera: Gotchu boss

"Where are you going?" Ryan asks me when he realizes I'm not in jeans instead of something more business casual.

"I still haven't asked any of my friends to come to the engagement party," I explain to him, he rubs his eyes as he gets out of bed.

"Didn't you say you only had three friends?" He questions me.

"No, I have two, Phil and Maci." I clarify to him with a shrug.

"You need to invite more people than that, why not your parents?" He asks as he checks his phone, I sigh as I spray on some perfume.

"I'll invite my Dad," I reason with him as I reach for my phone.

Omera: Hey dad, getting engaged next weekend. You coming or no?

"Don't you have a brother?" He questions me and I shrug, who knows if he's in jail? Nah, there's no way my mom would let that happen, she's a lawyer after all.

"Yeah I guess, why not?" I decide but my mother probably wouldn't let them come anyways.

"Are you sure I can't meet your family? You've met mine." Ryan questions me as he stands up to go brush his teeth.

"My mother and I don't get along and she kinda controls the household. But I'll try to see if you could meet them," I tell him with a shrug, I'm not scared of my mother the way my brother and father are, my house was female-dominated anyways. My mother and I were the two strongest forces and we both really wanted to be in charge.

"Really? You'd do that for me?" Ryan smiles as he leans in for a kiss.

"Brush your teeth, smelly," I giggle.

After a quick breakfast, Ryan decided he would drive me to Phil's, which I did protest, but Ryan won the argument at the end. I sort of let him win.

"There's a red mark on your car," Ryan says as he glances at my car. I notice it too, when did that happen?

"I probably wiped some lipstick on by accident," I wave off as I head to Ryan's car.

"Red lipstick? Omera, you don't wear red," he points out. The attention to detail makes me happy but the fact he's right confuses me.

"Yeah, you're right." I hesitate when I say it. He goes to the driver side and opens the car, which wasn't locked, he pops open the hood. Once he walks over and opens it up, I stare in confusion.

"What is that? Bread?" I question him, it's stuffed stuffed in various crevices, I'm confused as to why.

"Who did this?" He seems a bit mad at the fact my engine was stuffed with bread but I don't see a problem.

"Very funny, bread? What a waste." I shrug.

"If you would have driven your car it could've caught on fire," Ryan explains to me as he stares intensely at the scene.

I furrow my eyebrows, "What?"

"Yeah, someone tried to do it to my dad once when I was a kid," he explains, shaking his head. "I'll take care of this,"

"You know who did it?" I question him, he seems to know more than he says.

"No, I have no idea. Why would someone do this?" He seems to ask no one in general.

The red lipstick, could it have been Tia? No, she wasn't wearing any lipstick yesterday night. Who else would have something against me? Maybe some woman at work that wanted to be invited to the engagement? I look around the neighborhood, it's so quiet, did someone here do it?

"You should head to Phil's, take my car. I'll report this." Ryan says pointing to the blue car, I was kind of hoping he would let me take the black truck but I guess not.

A/N:

Still don't know what my schedule is for publishing, it was supposed to be every week but I guess it's going to be random.

The bread thing is real I think, it's something that happened to my dad and he said it would catch fire (he's a car mechanic so I trust his word).

Don't go around shoving bread into people's car y'all.