3-Cassie

"Archie! Hey ol'buddy, ol'pal."
"If you're here to take my lunch money, I don't have it. My mom couldn't pay for both that and my medication."
"What? No, when have I ever taken your lunch money?"
"Cassie! Oh, sorry, I thought you were Charlotte."
"Nope, just me. Can I talk to you."
"Yeah sure, I have five minutes before Malcolm and Eddie arrive and I get beaten up."

I lead Archie behind the school, and to a quiet place. He followed me, his crutches slowing him down. He seems irritated by the time we get there, but he calms down when we reach the lone tree in the middle of the playground.

"What did you want to tell me?"
"Do you like anyone right now?"
"Why would I tell you?"

And my heart sank. Was he seriously not going to tell me now? This was going to be harder than expected...

"Ok next question, do you fancy going to the Dairy Queen with me afterschool?"
"As like, a date? No thanks."
"No, no, not as a date. I don't think of you like that, no offence. I'd just like to get to know you. As a friend."
"Ugh, alright then. Just not too late-"

Suddenly, I got a text from Brett, and received a call from Evan. I cut Archie off mid sentence to answer him.

"Hey, Cassie, as much as you need to talk to Archie, Lucy's here demanding for you, and she looks like she's out for blood. Good luck."
"Ok, thanks. Bye Evan." I hang up, and check the text from Brett.

Brett:
Hey, did you talk to Archie yet?

Cassie:
Not just yet, but I'm meeting him at the Dairy Queen after school, so hopefully I can try and get some information about him.

When I get into the other playground, where everyone is, Lucy grabs me and pulls me into the girl's bathroom. I raise my hands instinctively, expecting to be hit, but instead Lucy collapses into my shoulder, crying.

She starts explaining everything that's happened since the start of the year, but from her view. Being dumped by Brett, thinking that manipulating Kendra was the only option. I felt a lot more sympathetic.

We stay there for a good 10 minutes, and I comfort her. She sits up eventually, and says that if I tell anyone I'm dead, before leaving.

Oh no...