Chapter 9

“Talk to me Amya please.” Ethan said clearly tiered of my silence.

“So how did you become king?” I asked my knees to my chest while Ethan walked around the room. “Master.” I lowered my head remembering how it had been in the past.

Ethan stopped as he turned his body to me his face going soft as he moved closer to the bed. “Amaya don’t call me that anymore I . . . I was a boy when I made you do all that and I’m sorry I ever did.” He set at the end of the bed his face full of regret.

“Amaya how . . . how did this happen to you.” I turned my back to him then not ready to talk. Was William mad did he think I meant for that to happen, I hadn’t I really hadn’t, I didn’t want him to be mad.

 “We don’t have to talk about that know, I became king when my father dead two weeks ago since then I’ve been looking for you.”

There was a knotting pain in my stomach something that slowly got bigger. “I’m hungry.” I said not wanting to talk about anything to do with the past. “May I eat please?”

Moving away from the window Ethan moved closer to me and held out his hand. My body instantly stiffed as I got ready for a hit. William’s never let me speak unless he spoke to me first. When a hit never come I looked up at Ethan his face was soft with sadness yet his eyes were hard with hatred danced in them. Slowly I took his hand and stood beside him, my eyes instantly moved down to his feet and stayed there, for a moment we didn’t move.

“Did he make you look down every time you waked with him Amaya?”

I said nothing just stood there and hope for him to take me to get something to eat. Ethan let out a deep breath and begun walking out the door.

“So what do you wish to eat?”

“Whatever pleases you?”

“But I’m not hunger so what do you want.”

I froze for a moment before saying “whatever my lord wishes to give me.”

Ethan took a deep breath and muttered something about a long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The more I got my strength back the more I stopped being a ‘mind’ slave to William. Every other thought was no longer about him. I started to lift my head back up and smile. It was really all thanks to Ethan who helped me every chance he got. Not only did he give me thing but he didn’t act like I was a thing, something that slowly opened my heart to him.

 But today I felt cold to the bone, today I felt like hateful eyes were watching me. The knitting feeling was back. As I sat outside looking at Ethan play on his stallion with some of his friends I saw a shadow move in the trees to my right. I knew who it was, I could feel him and his rage at me. I got to my feet then moved to the forest line, what I would do if I saw him: ran away, beg his forgiveness or just call for Ethan, I didn’t know.

The sound of running feet hit my ears making me look up; I let out a scream as I fell back. Tear running down my face. Tied to a tree was a nine tailed whip each tail had the head of a brown haired or blue eyed girl.

Strong arms picked me up and held me against Ethan’s chest as he pulled me away from the gruesome seen. “Shh, shh baby everything will be fine I promise I’ll make it fine.” His voice felt so close yet so far away. Like the world became full of mist.

 Ethan’s men came in and talked to him about how this happen. Ethan wasn’t happy. In the back of my mind I realized that I no longer knew what’s going on around me, there are no more voices just face, all passing by in a blurred fog.

Days have started to go by, but it doesn’t feel like it. These faces that are passing before me seam to grow sadder and sadder.

“—Him dead you understand.” Ethan closed the Door behind him as he walked in with food in his hands. He sat the tray before me his hand grabbing the spoon as he moved it to my lips. I didn’t open my mouth wondering what the hell he was doing.

Sucking in a deep breath Ethan said. “Please don’t make me have to order you to eat again Amaya . . . Please.” He tried once again to feed me again, I was too shocked to open my mouth. Ethan put down the spoon then rubbed his face, as he started talking to his self my stomach started to growl.

I picked up the spoon and started eating and drinking, my throat was dry and a little pained. “More water.” I said finished with the cup I had.

“A-Amaya that you.”

I nodded my head and handed him the cup as if I needed to show him it was all gone. As if on fire he ran out the room to get more water. When he came back Ethan had two pitchers in his hands each one spilling everywhere. “What are you trying to do drown me Ethan? I said after turning down the eighth cup.

“Never baby I just want you to live. That’s all you ever have to do for me baby.” Ethan leaned over and kissed me on the face.

“Why do you say that?”

A look of concerned passed on his face before Ethan answered. “Amaya you have been unresponsive for two weeks. You didn’t do anything unless I commanded you to and you never spoke past a yes beloved are my love . . . I can say I don’t ever wont to here that come out your mouth again.” I said nothing not knowing what to say to it, it didn’t feel as if that long has passed.

“There’s one more thing you said . . . you started talking about ‘the play room.’ About how you don’t want to go, bagging me . . . to not take you.” Ethan sat still as if he had no heartbeat, just waiting for an answer.

“I-I need air.” I moved the covers so I could get to my feet but Ethan stopped me. “After what happen to you, I went looking for him and found the play room Amaya . . . I saw the ‘toys’ he used to hurt you.”

I broke down then, myself hatred and the hatred I felt for him and William came out then. “Where were you then?” I was once again in a ball as the knitting pain in my belly exploded in to little pieces. Hands came then pulling me in to the safety of a body that wasn’t there when I needed it most.

 “I’m sorry Amaya.” harder and harder I cried my throat sower from the screams.

 “It’s okay Amaya let it all out.”

“He had never wanted to help me the scoundrel.” Through it all he held me and listens to my word, even if he didn’t understand most of them he just let the story come out in all its pain.