Halloween

"The last few days everything has been awkward. Kevin began to let on about his plans on fighting for Vincent's custody. I was caught in the middle of the triangle of hate that radiated off Kevin, CiCi, and Kyle.

Don't get me wrong Kevin is an amazing father, and he deserves his son one-hundred percent, but I have a feeling this fight is useless and going in circles. It's more like a square actually, what's my obsession with shapes today? Is that some mental-"

"Alix!" Kevin shouted.

"I'll finish later." I turned off record and headed up stairs to a sight I wasn't expecting to see.

Manny and Evan. Manny leaned against the door frame, he had on a pikachu sweatshirt similar to CiCis only quite a bit larger. Evan stood beside him dressed like a stereotypical nerd. My face lit up the moment I saw them. I flung myself into Mnanys arms before hugging Evan as well.

"How've you been?" Manny asked.

Help me

I mouthed and gestured upstairs to the shouting that had begun between CiCi and Kyle.

"Kevin invite you?" I asked.

"Yeah, something about wanting us all together for the best holiday." Evan laughed.

"Hey Alix!" Rebecca shouted from downstairs.

"On the landing." I yelled back down.

"Who-" Evan began.

"Shh"

"Can you lace-" Rebecca began up the stairs fidgeting with the back of a torn bloody black prom dress. She stopped when she noticed them. She let go of her dress and ran to Manny. "Can I have a hug please?"

"Of course." He held out his arms and embraced her.

The back of her dress was laced like a corset. While she hung on to Manny I politely pulled it tight through the rungs and tied it. "Thanks." She smiled. "Vampire again really?"

"It's a tradition." I winked. All I was lacking was my beanie, which Kevin had stolen once again.

"Zombie bride?" Evan asked Rebecca.

"No," she said as sophisticated as possible. "Victim of a drunk driving car crash."

"-oh?"

"It was the idea of the Sober Squad at my school, members of the club have to show up for a picture at eight and then we can either go to the Halloween party at school or leave."

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Leaving and going trick-or-treating with Vincent and you guys. Hi Evan."

"Hi?"

"I have to get going. Alix I'll text you when I leave;" she smiled.

"Alright."

And with that she was out the door.

"Who's that?" Manny asked.

"Girl who lives in the room across from Kevin and I."

"Hey!" Kevin said happily as he arrived at the top of the stairs in a decked out zombie costume, beside him Vincent wore similar attire only smaller and tweaked.

"Long time no see." Evan nodded in his direction.

"Same to you! Meet my son" he proudly picked up Vincent.

Vincent waved. "Hi pika!"

"hey kid." Manny laughed.

"Haven't seen you guys in years." CiCi appeared behind Kevin in clothes that in the vaguest sense represented a slutty witch.