Equipment and Discussions

I turned around, and made my way to the nearest equipment storage place. It was only a few streets away. I wondered idly if we should tell them about the nearest stores so they could load up on supplies for their eventual departure.

During the year or so that we'd been here, Rose and I had set up several equipment storages throughout the town. Just in case we or someone else needed them.

We had stockpiled ODM gear, even though we couldn't use it; Triggers that had been pulled apart from the ODM gear, blades, gas, and the straps that held everything together. 

I had started the project one day after I came across a particularly disgusting and rotten corpse. The body was almost unrecognizable after being torn up by the stray animals. The thing stank of death and I knew if we didn't do something, both of us would most likely catch some kind of disease.

It had been my pet project, for months gathering and burying the rotting carcasses of the people.

At first it didn't feel right to disturb the bodies of the fallen soldiers. When I gathered the fortitude to bury them as well, their gear made them too heavy for me to move by myself. So, after mustering the courage, I began to pull off their gear and move them.

I guess, one day Rosie had caught onto what I was doing and decided to help me. I started noticing small deposits in the houses that were still relatively intact and - knowing I hadn't put them there - I concluded it was because of Rose. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Did you know you could do that." Rose asked me,

"They experimented on me a lot during the time I had spent at the master's." I muttered softly though a hard edge crept into my voice.

"I was a test subject there for a while and many things were injected into me." I sighed. "I could have many weird and possibly cool powers without even knowing it."

She gazed at me and that pained look snuck onto her face once more. She looked down, and that was the only conversation we had until we got there.

When we got there, I started counting out three pairs of blades per person and Rose began to fill her arms with as many gas canisters as she could carry. 

"Do you think the scout will take us with them?" Rose asked suddenly. 

I turned slowly towards her in surprise.

"Do you want to leave?" I questioned.

"I figured we weren't leaving because titan territory was too dangerous to traverse alone." She said, looking away uncomfortably.

"I don't want to leave." I informed her. I looked at her, my expression neutral. "Do you want to leave?"

"We can't stay here forever." She said, trying to reason with me. "It's getting harder and harder to find food, and there's that crazy titan that tries to attack you all of the time."

"Do you want to leave?" I asked again.

"We're living under rubble!" She cried exasperatedly. "We live around giants who are just as unpredictable and violent as everyone says."

"Do you want to leave?" I demanded again, getting impatient.

"Rosswin, we can't stay here forever, it's just not possible. I know you don't like being somewhere you can't leave, but it's our best option!"

"Rose." I said, fixing her in a hard stare. 

"Do you want to leave?" I asked, enunciating every word slowly.

"Y-yes? No!" She cried desperately, eyes tearing up in frustration. "I don't know!?"

I sighed, and rubbed my neck.

"Let's just get their stuff."

I had noticed two of the scouts' gear had been crushed by titans, that boy's included unfortunately, so I grabbed a pair of ODM gear for them.

Upon arriving, we found the scouts dispersed around the buildings, hiding while the titans lumbered around. 

I leaped onto a house and whistled to get the titans' attention.

"Leave!" I shouted, loud enough for them all to hear. Of course, they complied once again. 

When all the titans were a safe distance away, the soldiers came out of their hiding places. I dropped all of the swords in the middle of the street for them to pick up. Rose being the wonderful, considerate girl that she was, she went around giving two cans of gas to each person. 

I was however nice enough to hand the three people I had seen with crushed gear a new set of ODM gear.

I turned away disinterestedly before they could say a word and went to find Rose. I saw her seemingly being pressured for information, by none other than Corporal Shorty.

I came up behind him, and clapped my hand on his shoulder, gripping dangerously tight. 

"Is something going on here?" I asked, with a menacing edge in my voice.

Rose was first to recover from my shocking appearance.

"No, nothing to worry about, Corporal Levi was just thanking me for the gas." she said a little too quickly. I'm sure she knew already that I didn't buy a single word she said.

Levi glared at me, I could already see a bluish purple bruise forming on his face. I felt very satisfied in knowing that he would have that mark for a while.

"A-Anyway," she said, and walked away without another word.

"Listen here, now." I growled, pushing him back as he tried to walk away "If you do anything to harm my sister, your ass is mine."

For a moment, Levi's face remained pretty well neutral, with just a hint of annoyance. As I continued to glare at him, his face changed and he threw a punch.

I ducked quickly, still of the opinion that his punch would probably break my bones.

I stumbled backwards, I hadn't expected him to try to hit me again. He lunged forward, pulling back his fist for another punch. 

"Crap," I hissed, slipping under his arm as his fist sailed past.

As he recovered, I noticed he'd left his midsection open. Taking the chance I turned and attempted to slam my heel into his sternum. But he caught my foot.

'That's not good.' I thought.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" Commander Erwin roared stalking over to us, before Levi could do anything to me. Levi quickly dropped my heel.

I could see the annoyance on his face, but I glared back at him angrily. I held eye contact with him for a moment, then turned and walked away.

All the way to Rose I went undisturbed and she watched me anxiously. 

"Why are you so reckless?" She questioned, her voice high with worry and annoyance.

"Pushing you around is my job," I joked breezily, "Besides, he's the one who threw the first punch." 

"Why are you so childish?" She hissed.

"Because I'm a child." I laughed, with a carefree tone of voice.

She scoffed in annoyance and looked away signaling the end of our conversation.

"I win." I snickered quietly.