Lots of Questions

A long moment of silence passed.

"What are you brats doing here?!" Corporal Levi growled suddenly.

Instead of answering him, I decided to completely ignore him.

"Where is Sam at?" I asked, turning to Rose. She had begun taking him with her every morning since I would do nothing but study the titans basically all day.

Instead of saying something, she raised her hand to her mouth and whistled long and loud. Her whistle seemed to echo throughout the town. I heard barking, that seemed very distant since it was so quiet.

But in no time at all, nanoseconds maybe, Sammy ran around the corner and screeched to a halt right between us.

I bent down to start loving on him. But was interrupted when Corporal Levi strode towards us, grabbed me by my arm and wrenched me into a standing position, facing him. I didn't like that one bit, it was something my Master used to do and was a trigger for me.

I tore my arm away from him, and balled my fist, ready to punch the shit out of him. But Rose grabbed my hand and gave me a calming smile.

"Listen brat," he spat, "I could have you locked up, like that," snapping his fingers for emphasis.

"Now give me a straight answer, Who are you? Why are you here? and, How were you able to kill all those titans, without ODM gear?" Levi growled,

I shrugged him off deciding instead to ignore him once more and turned back to Rose. Only to be grabbed again.

This time I couldn't help myself, I whirled around, fist balled tight and decked him right in the face.

I'm sure Mr Angry hadn't expected me to hit him. He stumbled backwards, taken by surprise at my sudden hostility.

"Don't you dare grab me like that!" I snarled at him enraged, I took a threatening step forward, "Or I'll hit you so hard you'll feel it for a month!"

Now infuriated, Levi swung at me with all his strength. I dodged, knowing that if his strike connected it would probably break my bones.

"Levi!" Commander Erwin bellowed, "That's enough!"

Levi's head whipped around, he glared at his Commander but then he relaxed.

"Boy please answer our questions. This is not a game, or a joke." Commander Erwin said, as nicely as he could.

I glared at Levi. Debating whether or not to say something snarky, I decided to have some fun.

"My name is Jackass Som'bitch." I growled, smirking as his eyes widened in surprise. "I do what I want, go where I please, and nobody tells me otherwise."

A tense silence followed my declaration, and I rolled my eyes. 

'These people sure can't take a joke.' I thought with a groan.

"Our names are Rosswin and Rose Williams, we are twins. Up until the point of the attack on Shiganshina, we lived here with our parents. However due to the events of the attack, we lost them. We were left here, and we decided to live here. We were able to attack and successfully kill the titans that swarmed you, without the Omni-Directional Mobility Gear because of the muscles we have developed over the past year we have been here." I finished.

"How were you able to survive?" One of the members of their party asked.

"For the most part of our stay, none of the titans have tried to attack us. In any way, shape, or form." I said. "Its been, for the most part, like staying here without them. Even though we are constantly aware of their presence. They don't seem at all aware of ours." Rose nodded to back me up.

Levi was already shaking his head, before I'd even finished. "NO!" he barked, thinking back on all his experiences with titans. "That's not at all the way titans are like! That's not at all how they are!"

"Do you want proof." I asked, completely ready to show him, should he accept.

"Yes, actually, I do!" He snapped.

"Alright, come on Rose!" I said, "You too," I said, to the one who asked how we survived.

"The rest of you follow, so you can all see." I said.

I jumped up and onto one of the houses while Rose and the boy followed closely behind. I headed to one of the biggest titans in the city. I stopped when I had gotten right next to it. I looked Levi directly in his eyes, and motioned to the titan who was watching but not attacking. It didn't do anything, it only turned to inspect the small moving thing near it. All the rest including the boy, stopped about five meters away, Rose kept running till we were shoulder to shoulder.

"Come on kid!" I called to him, while motioning for him to move closer.

One of his team mates shoved him forward. The titan turned to him and then back to us, not really interested, in either of the two groups. Several titans had lumbered over to see what was up. There were at least another fifteen surrounding us. All, of varying sizes and looks. But all - or  none as it were, attacking. Or showing any kind of aggression.

The boy scampered towards us and I hopped from the roof to the shoulder of the tall titan. He turned his head as much as he could and looked at me. That's all, he only watched.

Rose jumped onto the head of a titan that was beside the tall one. It moved it's head to look at her, but she ended up falling because the tilt, and rolled down it's face until she landed on it's palm. She laid on it's palm trying to breathe.

The boy, feeling a little, braver since the titan had saved Rose from a terrible accident, jumped onto the titan next to Rose's. 

Said titan proceeded to attack him.

The titan started trying to catch the boy, reaching up to his head and grasping for the boy. Just as the titan caught the boy, I shouted at it in desperation.

"Stop!!!" I shouted as loudly as I could.

To my surprise, and probably everyone else's, the titan listened. Its hand stopped, but it stayed locked in place. Its hand raised to its mouth, the boy in its hand, and the boy's feet in its mouth. But, its eyes were on me.

"I thought so." I sighed.

Now to anyone else, this would have been pretty amazing. In fact, it was amazing to me too. But finding out this way, made it all seem very suspicious.

"Put him down," I ordered the titan, and the titan obeyed once again; extending its arm and dropping him on the roof.

"I apologize for the scare, I didn't think that would happen." I said slowly, noticeably weighing and testing words in my head before speaking.

"Leave," I roared, and all of the titans left

"You're not telling the whole truth," Commander Erwin said,

"That's true. But the whole truth, isn't mine to tell." I said.

And that was true. Many bad things had happened during my time as a 'worker' for the Man whose name I'd never learned. Things that could not be described, things I did not want to remember or talk about.

Suddenly, Erwin motioned to Hange and Levi, they walked away until they were just out of earshot.

I looked around, and saw that most of the group's equipment was little to none, which of course, I had already guessed.

I turned to Rose, "Can we spare?" I asked.

She was in charge of most of our equipment, so I made sure to always ask before using anything.

To my delight, she nodded.

"Would you help me?" I asked, she nodded once more.