Chapter Thirteen

*le frantic upload*

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for not being able to upload sooner! Dx high school is crazy :P So thanks for sticking around this long haha :)

Gah, I hope I can finish this in time for Watty Awards... xP SO VOTE!!! Voting=Faster uploads :)

So.. A lot of people were asking for me to do a Nick POV. And the answer is, unfortunately, no. I never intended for a Harrison's POV, but I had to in order to develop the plot. I originally intended to ONLY do Lily and Alec's POV and third person in this story. Plus, if I did a Nick POV, I would've given away too much anyways.

Well, here's Chapter Thirteen! Enjoooy! VOTE AND COMMENT!! WATTY's 2012!! Woo!

{Chapter Thirteen}

   Since there were no other people to partner up with, I glanced at Nick, who nodded and gave me a half smile. Well, I have a partner now.

   "Alright, so we're going to begin a new unit on Trigonometry. Has anyone have previous knowledge of Trigs?" Mr. Saren asked. No one raised their hands, so he clapped his hands together and grinned.

   "Awesome, so there are three types- sine, cosine, and tangent," he began. I started to zone out. I stared at the clock, and shuddered, remembering the last time I looked at a clock. The second hand ticked too slowly. The minute hand didn't seem to move.

   The bell interrupted Mr. Saren's lecture, and we all gathered our belongings and headed out the door as he called after us, saying that he will continue tomorrow.

   I walked side by side with Nick, who had graciously offered to help me find my way around the school.

   "So do you want to meet after school to work on our project?" I asked.

   "Sure," he replied, "There's a Starbucks near here. Do you want to go there after school?"

   I remembered seeing the Starbucks as I came to this school, "Yeah, okay."

   I arrived at my class and said a quick 'see you later' to Nick, then entered the class.

   The dismissal bell finally rung, and I sent a quick text to my mom saying that I would be home late. She was at the store today, and if she came home with me not there, she'd freak. I picked up my bag and hurried into the wave of students, pushing my way to the double door entrance and exit. I looked around for Nick, but I couldn't spot his dark black hair in the massive crowd. Mentally shrugging, I decided to just walk there by myself. No big deal.

   I made a quick dash to my house first. I knew I had to change my bandages frequently, and I don't know how long I'd be staying at Starbucks. I went to my room and searched for the fresh bandages in my drawers.

   Suddenly, a cool breeze blew on the back of my neck, causing goosebumps appear on my arms. I knew what, or should I say who?, was standing behind me. I gritted my teeth and clenched my hands into fists.

   "Alec," I hissed. I felt a cold hand on my shoulder, but I angrily shoved it off, whirling around to face him.

   "How-how dare you show your face here!" I stuttered in fury. His face clouded with remorse, his hazel eyes dully swimming with regret.

   "Lily, I'm so-"

   I cut him off, "Save it. Tell it to someone cares." Then I turned to leave, but he grabbed my right arm- the arm with the cuts. Pain shot up my arm and I let out a small cry. He frowned and pulled up the sleeve, revealing the bloody bandages.

   His face hardened, "Who did this?"

   I tugged my arm away, ignoring the searing pain, "Why do you care? You didn't seem to care if I live or die anyways," I snapped.

   He opened his mouth, but once again, I interrupted him.

   "Just go away," I muttered, not meeting his eyes.

   "But-" he started to protest. My voice rose into a shriek.

   "Get out!" I screamed, "Get out! Get out! Get out!"

   With one last glance, Alec vanished.

   "Sorry I'm late," I apologised as I sat down next to Nick was a steaming mocha in my hand. It had just started pouring rain as I entered the cafe, so I was glad I hustled quickly to Starbucks when I did. The sky was dark gray, almost making it seem like it was night time. I set my backpack down and pulled out the laptop I had brought along.

   "Nah, it's fine," he waved it off. I smiled.

   "Okay, let's get started," I said, logging on, "What do you want to do? A Prezi, PowerPoint..." I trailed off.

   He shrugged, "A Prezi seems cool, but I'm not good at it."

   I smiled, "Then you're lucky I'm good at them."

   Then, the lights flickered, and my computer's screen went blank. I groaned.

   "Right when I logged on," I mumbled. Nick smirked, then the lights went completely out.

   "Wonderful," I sighed, leaning back in my chair. I felt Nick's face close to mine, his breath fanning my ear.

   "Lily," he whispered, "Don't look behind you."

   I froze, frowning in confusion, "Why...?" I turned around.

   I screamed, jumping up from my seat and backing away.

   Harrison stood a few feet away from me, a giant smirk plastered on his face.

   "Hello, darling. I missed you so much," he cooed, then turned his attention to Nick.

   "Ah, Nicholas. Pleasure seeing you again," he sneered. I could feel Nick's glare in the dark.

   "The pleasure is all mine," he hissed. I frowned, then looked between them.

   "Woah, woah, woah, wait. You too know each other?" I asked, bewildered.

   "I'm sorry to say that I do know this traitorous son of a bitch," Nick growled.

   "I merely chose the winning side," Harrison snapped back.

   "I'm lost here," I said, "Nick, are you...?"

   "No," he answered, "I am not a ghost."

   "Then how...?"

   Nick shook his head, not answering my question. Instead, he spoke to Harrison.

   "I suggest you leave," he nearly snarled.

   "Not without what I need," Harrison replied, looking at me. I took a step back, but he took a step forward, until Nick came between us.

   "I suggest you leave," Nick repeated. Suddenly, his eyes grew completely black, and a violent breeze whirled around the three of us. I pushed my hair out of my face and looked at Nick worriedly. What is going on?

   Harrison scowled, and spoke. Even though his statement was directed at Nick, our eyes met and a dangerous glint shone in them.

   "Very well. Just watch your back, because as soon as it's turned, I'll be back, and I will get what I need," he threatened, then vanished.

I'M SO SORRY!! I know it's a short chapter. Please don't eat me >o< I've been so busy lately! But please VOTE VOTE VOTE for WATTY AWARD 2012! :D THANK YOU! AND I AM SORRY!!!