Chapter Nine

Mah bestie right up there ^^^

{Chapter Nine}

   I practically ran all the way to Jess' house. She jumped slightly in surprise as I burst through her always-unlocked door.

   "Lily! Are you okay?" she asked, concern written all over her face. I was panting from the long distance running- I still sucked at track. I held up a finger while I caught my breath.

   "Let me see your phone," I ordered. She looked bewildered.

   "What? Why?"

   "Just let me see it! It's important!"

   "Okay... just a second," I followed her up the stairs, where her phone lay on her bed. She picked it up and tossed it to me. I scrolled through her messages, searching for the text. I couldn't find it. It was gone.

   "Impossible," I whispered. I pulled out my phone and checked it. The text had disappeared from my phone as well. "But how?"

   "'But how' what?" Jess pressed. I sighed.

   "You probably won't believe me," I muttered, feeling frustrated. I hate not knowing anything! I'm the type of girl who wants all the answers immediately at the same time.

   "Just tell me," said Jess.

   "Alright," I caved. I explained how I got a text from her phone, meeting up with mystery guy who supposedly was the one who texted me, and then the text from both phones magically disappeared. When I finished, Jess looked majorly bewildered.

   "How in the world-"

   "That's exactly what I'm thinking," I cut her off, "The next time I see him, I'm going to get straight to the point."

   Jess' next question made me pause and think a bit.

   "What if you don't see him again?"

   "Lily, dear, Whitney is coming over," Mom announced cheerfully as I entered the house. I stopped, then let out a huge groan.

   "No, mom, please? Why?" I moaned. Mom rolled her eyes. Whitney was my mom's best friend's daughter, and she was one of the worst people you could ever get to know. Of course, since our parents are best friends, we automatically because best friends forever. Ha, yeah right. She was snobby, stuck-up, egotistic, and flat-out fake. She's a living Barbie doll that turned into a complete bitch when my parents' backs were turned.

   "Don't be like that, Lily. I already invited her over. You two get along fine, and she's a sweet girl. I can't see why-"

   "Because she's a cruel, selfish bit-"

   "Don't use that kind of language in this house!"

   "Okay," I turned around, opened the door, and stepped outside, "Because she's a cruel, selfish bitch."

   "Lily!" my mom shrieked in horror.

   "I'm not in the house," I pointed out dryly. She narrowed her eyes into a glare.

   "Lily, I will not tolerate this attitude, or I will see to it that I invite Whitney over every single week," she threatened. My eyes widened, and I immediately shut up. She sent me to my room and told me to be ready, as they'll be arriving in thirty minutes.

   "Oh! And she's also bringing her boyfriend over," Mom added. I mentally banged my head against the wall. Great, another narcissist to add to the awkwardness.