Ch. 13 Bad Dreams and Rude Boys

Author's Note:

I am SO sorry it took so long to upload this chapter. Thank you all for waiting patiently. I promise to start uploading more frequently. :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              I was running through the forest laughing. I was chasing a little girl. When I finally caught up to her I swung her around and hugged her. She reached up and kissed me on the cheek.

            “I love you mommy,” she said and then hugged back.

            “I love you too honey.”

            “Can we hide before daddy finds us?’

            “Of course. I know a place where he can never find us.”

            “Okay mommy, let’s go.”

            “Okay.” I grabbed her little hand and then we took off in a sprint. She stopped suddenly and started looking around.

            “Mommy?”

            “Yes honey?”

            “I think daddy has already found us,” she said with a sad expression on her face.

            “Liz sweetheart. You gave me a scare. I came to get you and Becca and you two weren’t there. I’m sure you wouldn’t be trying to run away again would you,” said a husky male voice from behind me.

            “Of course not. We were simply playing hide and seek,” I replied with a serious face. I refused to turn around. I didn’t want to look at him. He had hurt me and our daughter enough. However, I was terrified of his temper and didn’t want to anger him while Becca was around.

            “Good. Dinner is ready. Let’s go be a nice happy family while my parents are in.” When I made no attempt to move he shouted, “NOW.” Becca jumped and I quickly picked her up and held her tightly.

            “As you wish.” I turned around and attempted to walk right past him, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

            “Don’t be like that Liz honey. I just want to take care of you and Becca. I love you.” I simply shrugged from his grip and walked towards the house. I heard his deep sigh as he walked behind me. We got up to the door and Sarah opened the door with a look of pity towards me. I gave her a small smile to let her know I would be okay and then walked into the house. She began to shut the door when she saw my husband quickly walking towards the door.

            “Sorry Master…” Sarah started, but came up short when she saw the look on his face. “Your parents will not be here tonight because something has come up. They said they will see you next week.” She shut the door behind him and walked towards the dining hall.

            I leaned toward my daughter and whispered, “Go to your room and cleanup for dinner Becca.” She ran up the stairs and to her room. I turned around and stared my husband down as I waited for the argument to come.

            “You were going to leave weren’t you Liz?” I stayed quiet. “And you were going to take Becca with you?” When I continued to stay quite he walked towards me and grabbed my arms. “Weren’t you?”