Ch. 11: The Ring and the Brother

I am so sorry it has been so long, but I am working on finishing my stories now. School was just CRAZY this semester. Don't kill me. ENJOY!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby and I had a conversation going about celebrities on the hot list and out favorite places to shop. We had a little difference of opinion when it came to males and what they should look like. I enjoyed shaggy hair and a not too built, but muscular build. Ruby on the other hand enjoyed looking at men with short military haircuts and a big muscular build. I have never cared for extremely bulky men, but everyone had their own attractions. When it came to shopping, we both enjoyed going to places that took on an edge to life. Ruby and I would definitely get along. I turned and saw Tristan staring at me. I blushed a little and turned my head when I noticed Andrew staring at me also. He gave me the creeps. I quickly turned my head back around to face Ruby so we could continue our conversation.

“Okay well let us discuss the wedding now shall we? The wedding is October 20th so we have a lot to plan. Vadania, is there an area you want to be included in specifically, or do you want to have your input on everything?” Queen Clarice asked in a joyful tone of voice.

            “You may plan it all Queen Clarice. I just ask that it is tasteful and uses the colors black, white, and teal,” I replied. Everyone turned to look at me in shock.

            “You are certain dear that you want your mother and I to plan the entire wedding?”

            “Yes I am. For these next two months I feel as though I need to spend time getting to know my very soon to be husband.”

            “I believe that is a wonderful idea,” Tristan said. “We shall leave the planning to you and my fiancé and I will go out and view the kingdom.” With that Tristan pulled from the table and helped me out of my seat. We shook everyone’s hand. Andrew held my hand tight for a little longer than what I consider appropriate. He finally let go when Tristan let out a small growl. The king and queen gave a disapproving look to Tristan and Andrew, which caused them both to straighten up. They gave each other one more glare before Tristan and I headed out of the room. I came out of the tea room with a new attitude. I decided that I would give this marriage a go. Tristan had some anger issues, but all in all he was a good guy and definitely had the right look.

            “Let me take you for a ride around the kingdom. You need to know where everything is considering you will be staying here now,” Tristan said with a smile while opening the passenger door to his Lexus. “I hope the car is not too showy for you. I personally picked one of the downgrades because I know you do not like flashy things.”

            “Thank you Tristan and it is not too showy. Actually it is a very nice car,” I replied with a smile.

            “You are beautiful when you smile love. We do have one matter to attend to however while we are out.”

            “What is that?”

            “We must pick out your engagement ring. I want you to pick one out that you will love as much as I love you.”

            I stared at him for a minute and then began to laugh. “That was cheesy, but okay. I will agree to be your wife.”

            “It is a decision you will never regret,” Tristan said happily as he closed the door and walked to the other side of the car to get in.

            “We will see,” I mumbled to myself. Tristan got in and started driving out of the palace yard. It was a beautiful entry way with trees and a garden leading down the driveway path. We had to stop at a huge iron gate with a Huge W in the middle. I realized then I had no idea what his last name was, or what my last name was going to be. “What does the W stand for?”