Ch. 9: Running Away

I cleaned myself and thought for awhile. I was lying on the bed in the room that I was originally in. I decided I wanted, no needed answers and I needed them now. I slowly walked to the door and opened it. The guards were standing right outside the door like Tristan said they would be.

    “May I help you?” one of the guards asked. I ignored him and looked both directions. One end lead to a wall, so I decided I’d go the other way. I would fine Tristan’s room and ask him what exactly was going on. Maybe I would run in with my parents and I could get out of here. “My lady if it’s Master Tristan you’re looking for then he’s the second door on the right. I gave him a nod and walked to the door he said was Tristan’s. I didn't bother knocking I just barged in. I didn’t see him in there, but there were two other doors in his room. I figured one was a bathroom and the other was to a closet or something.

    “Tristan? I’m ready to walk. Where are you?” I asked in a pretty calm voice. The door to my left opened and Tristan stepped out. The room was definitely a bathroom. He was shirtless and I could see his six-pack. He was definitely hot, but he seemed like a egotistical bastard to me. He was a hot jerk with a big ego.

    “Yes love? How may I help you?” He asked me

    “I want to know what’s going on. I feel like I’m not in control of my own life anymore and I want to know what’s happening,” I replied.

    “Do you want the long answer or the short answer?”

    “Please make it short and to the point.”

    “Okay, well you are my betrothed. You’re parents work for me, as well as several other people. You’re here so we can get to know each other before the wedding. You see I know a lot about you, yet you know nothing about me, except that people call me master and I’m your future husband.”

    “I think you’ve gone off you rocker. Are you mentally insane? I’m not supposed to be marring you. I’m too young to get married and I already have a boyfriend,” I stated firmly.

    “What do you mean you have a boyfriend? You weren’t supposed to be dating anyone. I knew about Tommy, but I also heard you two had broken up. So who is this boyfriend of yours?” He asked while starting to pace.

    “Um-his name is D-Derek,” I replied in a shaky voice. Tristan looked beyond pissed. I’ve never seen someone look so mad. I didn’t like seeing him mad like this. I didn’t know what was wrong with me, but I felt like I was supposed to care

    “Well that won’t do now will it. You’re mine and I’m not willing to share, so I guess this little boy-toy of yours will have to be dealt with,” Tristan said harshly..

    “What do you mean by ‘dealt with’?” I asked scared to hear the answer.

    “Don’t worry about it my love. Just know it will be dealt with.” I could tell Tristan was someone with authority and money. He could probably have anything he wanted, including Derek’s head on a platter, and by the looks of it that’s exactly what he wanted. I couldn’t stand the image that was in my head. I had to bargain and I knew it. I decided to use my female charms to help me.

    “Please Tristan don’t do anything rash,” I pleaded as I walked towards him. He stopped pacing and watched me. I swung my hips a little and got close to him. “Just leave him alone please, for me.” He wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me closer. If it would help Derek I would allow it.

    “As you wish love.” He pulled back and giggled a little. It was cute and showed off his two dimples. “This is going to be a problem I can already tell. You’re too charming.” I pulled away and looked straight into Tristan’s eyes. I was ready for more answers now that I felt like Derek was going to be safe.