Chapter Seventeen

Ew, okay, the ending was cliche and sucked, but its almost 4 in the morning. Plus, I had a nasty fight with my mother and my brain has been working over time trying to take apart every single detail of it so I could get a better understanding of the altercation, but I really wanted to get this chapter out. It's the weekend and school has started for me, so when Monday comes, I probably won't be able to write a lot. And my updates will be less frequent and around every weekend possibly, maybe earlier if I don't have homework.

Anyway, sorry for the wait!

This chapter is dedicated to esoteric918 because she's another one of my favorite writers on Wattpad!

-

I stared at the mirror. My eyes were bright with tears, cheeks flushed with color and my chest was rising and falling as I breathed heavily. My hair was a mess, in tangled curls and completely frizzy.

Tessa?" Cash's mother called, knocking on the bedroom door. We were at her home while Cash was back at his apartment with all the other men in our families.

Sniffling, I ignored her pleas to open the door and hugged my knees as I sat forlornly on the bed.

"Tessa, darling, please open the door." That was my mother, sounding worried. "Please tell us what's wrong."

I didn't reply and turned my head down, my halo of blonde hair falling around my face.

"She hasn't come out, yet?" That was Cash's cousin, Diandra or just Andi. She was brutally honest, close to being just downright rude, a little too violent and so beautiful, she had gotten countless offers to be a model. However, she was my favorite out of all of Cash's cousin and I loved her.

I didn't hear my mother's response, but I did hear footsteps fading away. I began to sob again, tears running down my cheeks. I don't know how long I cried helplessly like that in front of the mirror, but then I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Baby?" Cash called through the door. My head snapped up at his voice. What was he doing here? Then, like he had heard my thoughts, he laughed lightly and said, "Andi drove by and dragged me here. Said that you were crying. Tessa, what's wrong? Is something the matter? Did I do something to make you cry?"

Hesitating for a moment, I got up and opened the door slowly. Cash stood there, biting his lip, looking incredibly nervous and a little upset.

"Tessa," he murmured, stepping inside and closing the door behind him. "I hate seeing you like this." His arms wrapped around me. "What's wrong, sweetheart?"

"I'm scared, Cash," I sobbed. "What if we're moving too fast?" He stiffened. "What if getting married is a mistake? What if in one year, you realize that you're tired of me and we get divorced? What if-," I was cut off by Cash's finger against my lips.

There was an almost amused look on his face. "Tessa, tell me this. Do you love me?" he asked seriously, moving his hands to my shoulders and gripping them.

I nodded numbly.

"I love you, Tessa. I love you a lot. Everything is going to be okay." He pressed a kiss to my forehead and looped his arms around my waist.

Breathing in deeply, I nodded. "You're right. You're right," I whispered, trying to calm my accelerated breathing.

"Now, stop lingering on the 'what if's," he told me. I laughed a little and hugged him tighter. He was right. We loved each other. That was all that mattered.