Chapter Five

You will meet a very important character in this story this chapter. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was fidgeting nervously as I paced back and forth in the living room. I was surprised I hadn't burned a hole in the carpet yet. My hair was in a messy bun and I had worry etching lines on my face. I bit my lip and my eyes fell on the wedding photo that was hanging over the fireplace mantle. Cash and I looked so happy, our fingers locked and our bodies pressed together. His cheek was against mine and both our eyes sparkled with love.

When I heard a key turn in the lock, my head swiveled around to face the door. Cash came through it, a smile crossing his features, a dimple appearing on his right cheek as he spotted me. His tie was loosened and his suit jacket was open, revealing the white shirt under. Taking it off and tossing it on the couch, he walked forward, grabbing me by the waist and spinned me around.

"How is my beautiful wife?" he asked, setting me down, so he could press a sweet kiss to my lips. My heart fluttered when he called me wife because it still felt new when he said it even though we had been married for two months now.

"I'm good," I stammered, wrapping my arms around his neck.

His hand ran down my back gently. I shivered at his tantalizing touch. "Are you still feeling sick?" he asked, sounding worried. "Should I take you to the doctor's?"

I shook my head. "No...no, it's fine. But...I have to tell you something, okay?"  I wrung my hands nervously as I saw him narrow his eyes.

"Are you alright, Tessa? You look pale," he commented, putting the back of his hand to my forehead.

I took his hand and kissed his fingers. "I promise it's nothing serious...Well, it is, but not life threatening." I looked down, afraid to meet his gaze. "Cash, I'm pregnant."

He froze and when I looked up at his face, there was shock all over his features. "W-what?" he stammered.

I pressed his palm to my stomach. "I'm pregnant. Your child is growing in my womb," I said simply, finally able to speak without stammering.

"We're going to have a baby?" he asked softly, looking down at my belly with a strange look in his eyes. I nodded. He breathed out softly. "Wow. We're going to have a baby." Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Are you happy?" I asked quietly.

Cash met my gaze for a solemn minute before he nodded, a hesitant smile spreading across his face. "Yes, of course. I"m just a little shocked. How far along are you?"

"A month," I replied. "I'm not showing, yet."

He began to kneel down, so he was eye level with my stomach. Cash carefully lifted up my shirt and pressed his ear to the skin there. "Hi, baby. I'm your Daddy," he said, as if the child could hear him.

I ran my fingers through his hair, smiling down at Cash. It was going to be okay. Everything was going to be okay.

-

After loads of shopping for baby things - Paige was expecting one boy, one girl - and me ordering new furniture for my house, we went to the mall cafeteria to catch up on our lives.

She was married to a man named Jay Sanders, so her name was technically Paige Sanders instead of Malone. He was five years older, from California, so he apparently had that blonde hair, blue eyed thing going on they had gotten married when she was twenty. Her parents had been off she had married young, but she was happy and they were in love, so everything was all good now.