Chapter 1- Meeting Loki

It was a normal spring morning in Phoenix, Az. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and as always, I was the last one awake. I got out of bed and went into the kitchen. My mother was making me and my half siblings, breakfast, eggs, bacon, sausages, hash browns, and some golden brown toast. I was 12 at the time. Had I known that would be my last meal with my family, I would have talked to them a lot more. But I had no idea that I was never to see them again.

After breakfast there was a knock at the front door. No one else would answer it so I went into the living room and answered the door. That was when things got strange. As I opened the door there was a man with long black hair and a small goatee. He greeted me and told me he was Loki, and I was his son. He then took me away from my home and asked me if I wanted to go and get something to eat. I told him I just ate breakfast but then he shook his head. Next thing I know I was hungry again so I told him I was starved.

He took me to a restaurant, the name of which I have forgotten, but it wasn’t half bad. He ordered me the same thing my mother always made for breakfast. As we waited for my food to arrive, we talked a bit and he told me I was a demigod. He told me I was to go and find seven others just like me. They all lived together in Tucson. I didn’t know what else to do, so I nodded and told him ok. Once my food arrived, I ate it slowly as I thought about what he had told me. When I had finished eating, he took me to a bus station and gave me a ticket to a bus that would take me to Tucson. I looked at the ticket and then looked back at him, but he was gone. I had nowhere else to go, so I boarded the bus for Tucson.